Australian shepherd for adoption

Due to unforeseeable commitments, I have an Australian Shepherd up for adoption. This is an incredibly rare breed in Taiwan.
Shots are up-to-date.
Microchipped.
Neutered.
Male, 2 years old, black tri
PM me for additional details and photos

[quote=“Alix”]Due to unforeseeable commitments, I have an Australian Shepherd up for adoption. This is an incredibly rare breed in Taiwan.
Shots are up-to-date.
Microchipped.
Neutered.
Male, 2 years old, black tri
PM me for additional details and photos[/quote]
A black tricolour? Those are gorgeous dogs. Post a picture and I’m sure you’ll get a fast response. My wife has made it very clear to me that there will be no additions to the household of either the animal or infant variety any time soon, or I’d be interested. But here’s a picture of a nice black tri I got off the internet:

I’m a huge fan of merles myself and had a blue and a red merle, both females, for a number of years. They are VERY high energy/high drive and they are not for everyone… especially not if you have less than say 40 ping. They will drive you insane if over-confined and they may herd/bite your children somewhat roughly if not carefully supervised and trained. OTOH, unlike border collies, they DO have an “off” switch. :roflmao: They are also very smart and loyal.

That’s my daughter, Joanne, the day we picked up the blue merle… I think that’s Bluebelle just at the end of Joanne’s fingers.

I LOVE collies! Never thought of them as pets though – all the ones I’ve ever known have been strictly working dogs. I can’t imagine trying to deal with one in an apartment.
My old roomie when I was a gamekeeper was a shepherd and had three. Watching those animals work was pure poetry in motion.

Yep, he is very high energy, and requires stimulation throughout the day, unlike my husky, who is very independent. That’s why it seems unfair to him when he has to be home alone for most of the day. He is incredibly smart, loves to play, loves people, he doesn’t bite, but is still a decent guard dog. He barks if strangers get too close to the property. Whoever interested must have the time and energy to exercise and train him, play with him etc. He makes a fantastic running partner. If you will be relocating/moving within the next 20 years, you must have plans for bringing the dog with you.
Oh, both of his parents are from the states, so is definitely purebred and healthy.

Pictures of him

[quote=“JuliaZ”]I’m a huge fan of merles myself and had a blue and a red merle, both females, for a number of years. They are VERY high energy/high drive and they are not for everyone… especially not if you have less than say 40 ping. They will drive you insane if over-confined and they may herd/bite your children somewhat roughly if not carefully supervised and trained. OTOH, unlike border collies, they DO have an “off” switch. :roflmao: They are also very smart and loyal.

That’s my daughter, Joanne, the day we picked up the blue merle… I think that’s Bluebelle just at the end of Joanne’s fingers.[/quote]

Aw, that’s a gorgeous little pup. I love this breed and their versatility, but due to my current commitments, it just seems so unfair to keep him at home alone for most of the day. We go out for 2-3hour walks everyday, as we do live in an apartment. He doesn’t herd or bite people, though, but he will bark and chew if he gets too bored and stores up too much energy.