Australian steps on becoming a Taiwanese

This can work, but spouse visas take aaaages to approve, up to 2 years… so you should be expecting nearly 4 years total.

Express entry seems the best way to go… I guess someone renounces in a year when they know theyre above the points threshold it can work? Renounce and then submit the PR application right away.

It still sounds risky to me… I don’t like the idea of having to wait even over a year.

1 Like

My resumption of citizenship took 8 days lol. (18 if you count postage)

1 Like

Mine took about 3 weeks but I resumed over xmas and new years :sweat_smile:

Now you’re just torturing me :joy:

1 Like

Canadian bureaucracy is literally the worst

1 Like

Honestly I used to think Australian bureaucracy was bad. But after dealing with Taiwan and my girlfriend dealing with the Philippines… just omg

2 Likes

The soul the heart and the mind.

You will feel like you got a deep inner cleansing.

2 Likes

Actually from Australia. ACT is not a state so Teco Canberra cannot do a state police check.

It’s not from Teco but from Australia rules.

I think I’ve been cheated. My resumption took 13 years lol

1 Like

@Marco liked your comment. Possibly now the only Canadian (or North American) on Forumosa that actually understands Australian humour lol

I love having my inners cleansed

1 Like

Is this some back door reference…? lol

1 Like

Canada still takes the cake for me. My father waited two bloody years just for a Transport Canada doctor to review his medical and restore his license to fly, after he tried to be an honest citizen and flagged something that may be a health issue (but in the end totally benign). Two years without a license just for someone to look over another doctor’s work and tick a box.

I’m sure next time he’ll think twice about reporting something unless it’s really serious.

Canadian banks are about on par with Taiwan’s too… people here still get passbooks? When I left Canada a few years ago I still paid my rent with paper cheques.

2 Likes

Comparatively, Aussie bureaucracy is a lot better than Canadian bureaucracy. Canadian bureaucrazy is still half stuck on paper. At least Oz digitalised everything

2 Likes