Authentic Spanish restaurant?

Any good and authentic Spanish restaurant in Taipei? I got some Spanish people to bring to. And since i know some foreign restaurants in Taiwan are quite popular… so hope the environment would not be so crowded or noisy and thus good for chatting and enjoying a meal! (4-5 people) Thanks!!

After much googling and filtering, here’s what i got so far: 1) Tapas Bar, taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 13/94023/1
(but the info seems to be outdated?!)
2) Hestia Tapas Bar
3) El Toro (has become DN Innovacion?)
I’ve read some of the threads, but still cannot figure out which might be the best place for me. Anyone been there lately? Other options are definitely appreciated! Thanks a lot!!

If money is not an object (you’re willing to spend a few thousand a head for food and drink), definitely go to DN Innovacion. It is one of the best restaurants in the city, with a talented chef from Spain who does innovative Spanish cuisine.

For a much cheaper but still good and authentic Spanish meal, try El Patio de Mi Casa. It is informal home style Spanish cooking. I don’t have the contact info offhand, but you can Google it or try the following website. :
tw.myblog.yahoo.com/sevilla-kevi … 3&next=163

I’ve eaten at both places and enjoyed both. You should make a reservation for either one (both are new and popular and the El Patio is very small). Also, because of it’s small size, El Patio can get crowded and noisy, though that can be part of the fun.

1 Like

Hm. Never heard of the El Patio de mi Casa place before: will have to give it a look.

Googling results:

Taiwan Fun: taiwanfun.com/north/taipei/d … MiCasa.htm
(Although that information seems to predate their move to a real restaurant.)

Taipei Times: taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 2003481962

Spanish: diariodenavarra.es/20091222/ … ad&chnl=40

Contact info, lifted from Taipei Times:

Address: 1F, 12, Ln 97, Songjiang Rd, Taipei City (台北市松江路97巷12號1樓)

Telephone: (070) 1023-4649

Open: 11:30am to 2pm and 6pm to 10pm, closed on Mondays
Average meal: NT$400 to NT$600
Details: Spanish and Chinese menu, credit cards not accepted, reservations best made sending an e-mail to taipei.elpatio@gmail.com
On the Net: tw.myblog.yahoo.com/snowchido (Chinese only)

1 Like

I just heard today from a friend of the owners that El Patio de Mi Casa is now closed (as of a couple of weeks ago) due to an issue with the landlord. They are apparently looking for a new location but I don’t know any further details. (Best of luck to them in finding a suitable spot.)

Thanks so much for the replies!! I went to their blog and found out this news too. So sad…
Guess i have to find another one. Suggestions needed and appreciated…

Maybe not for everyone, but once in a very long time El molino de hurdaniz in Taipei for a true Spanish (actually Basque) fine dining experience.

Then I like Hestia tapas bar, their paella was pretty good, but wine very expensive there…

3 Likes

This: Molino de Urdániz 渥達尼斯磨坊? , maybe I want try this week after my Taipei meetings. How much money do I need budget with a bottle(s) of wine

eidt: after looking at online info, I think the second place you mention sounds more relaxing: Hestia tapas bar

1 Like

With a bottle of wine, it would be around 4.5k-5k per person if in 2 ppl.

I went to the Tapa’s place was great, also a nice pub near the Station though fusion drinks and food, will have t find the place to post that review.

2 Likes