youtube.com/watch?v=j6AAt-oV3wE

This movie looks amazing.

The last time I felt that way watching a movie was 1977 and i was six years old. Avatar will be the Star Wars of this generation IMO. Cameron didn’t just pull it off again, he knocked the ball out of the park.

I’m so going to see this movie!

Don’t know anything about it, other than they are advertising it heavily on the Coke Zero bottles I buy.

As the Totally Rad Show said it is a “game changer”.

I watched it twice today. F’n incredible. I’m with you. I think I heard Lucas and Speilberg shitting their pants.

I saw the 3D trailer a few weeks ago. CGI etc looked great but in general it’s not my kind of movie so I’ll probably wait for it to be on DVD or even HBO.

You love composition and lighting. You must, must, must, must, did I say must? see this in a theater.

Glory and bask in the movie.

See it on the biggest screen you can right now.

If you did, you’d totally miss the experience. The 3-D here is like nothing I’ve seen before. For the first time, it was a totally immersive experience rather than just having things jabbed at you. Cameron created a whole new world and you feel like you’re actually in it. No way DVD or HBO is going to translate that experience.

Seriously man, go see it. This picture will change movie making forever.

Wow! Such high praise! But are you sure my 3D glasses won’t make it come to life on my portable 5.5-inch Casio? I mean, it’s mostly the plot that counts, right?

You think it’s okay for kids? They are selling the action figures at McDonald’s so it can’t be that bad.

[quote=“Formosa Fitness”]For the first time, it was a totally immersive experience rather than just having things jabbed at you. Cameron created a whole new world and you feel like you’re actually in it. No way DVD or HBO is going to translate that experience.

Seriously man, go see it. This picture will change movie making forever.[/quote]

Exactly. First time I have seen someone not misuse 3D by sticking things in your face. Also, I wanted to stop the movie to explore that world. Sure there are lots of holes but the greater outweighs it.

cfimages, (and you Poagao) if you don’t see this movie in a theater…

Getting unreal reviews over here. Wall Street Journal’s Morgenstern says something like it makes the idea of FX inconsequential since the whole movie is one big FX (also says something like ‘girls won’t buy tickets so see this movie over and over unless they have a rogue gene for viewing ears wiggling’).

Based on the reviews here in N America, this is definitely one to see in the theater, not at home.

If you think it is okay for your kids because you don’t see any killing directly as in stabbing/slashing then no problem. With your kids it shouldn’t be a problem. They are old enough. But I would walk them through a few things before watching it because it could be overwhelming for them, and not from a horror standpoint but from an expanded mind thoughtset. They may feel a detachment from reality.

The horror is no more than Harry Potter, but the juxtaposition of reality is cubed but in a positive way.

GO SEE IT.

In HK there were complaints that the subtitles were only in Chinese for the Alien language - is this also the case in Taiwan? I’m in Singapore right now so may try to see it - if its on here

The whole thing was subtitled here, but the alien language part was only translated into Chinese, not English. But the subtitles float in mid-air. Very cool.

The whole thing was subtitled here, but the alien language part was only translated into Chinese, not English. But the subtitles float in mid-air. Very cool.[/quote]

So most of us wouldn’t understand what is going on?

95% or more of the dialogue is in English. It’s part of the story BTW. The main character is a jarhead will no language skills so he can’t speak the aliens’ language. He learns some of it but even at the end, he has to ask others to translate for him. Some of the aliens learn English and they’re the more progressive of the tribe. Kind of a parallel to us learning Chinese. Shouldn’t be a problem.

nice try, but no.

Hmm, okay, maybe I’ll have to check it out then.