What do the yellow stars above some members avatars mean? Just curious…

Number of full years Forumosing. ie, you’ll get your first star on October 17 next year.

Thanks for the quick reply, Tetsuo. Cheers. :slight_smile:

I’ve been on forumosa for over a year, still don’t have a star.

I was thinking maybe it was sort of like in college football when they put stars on your helmet for big plays or decapitating someone :sunglasses:

I think the number of posts is also important. I should have 2 stars by now but since I am such a lazy bastard and post too seldom I have none.
What is the official threshold to become a member of the “Star-elite”?

[quote=“axiom”]
I think the number of posts is also important. I should have 2 stars by now but since I am such a lazy bastard and post too seldom I have none.
What is the official threshold to become a member of the “Star-elite”?[/quote]

whilst i’m not even in the one star league yet, i guess there must be a post threshold of sorts like you say… personally i think the total words written per post should be taken into account as well, since a super high post count, each only 2 words long adds up to not as much participation and/or contribution as fewer lenthy posts…

i suspect it might be a requirement to live in Taipei too… so you can attend the Forumosa evenings…

[quote=“plasmatron”][quote=“t.ukyo”]I think the number of posts is also important. I should have 2 stars by now but since I am such a lazy bastard and post too seldom I have none.
What is the official threshold to become a member of the “Star-elite”?[/quote]

whilst I’m not even in the one star league yet, I guess there must be a post threshold of sorts like you say… personally I think the total words written per post should be taken into account as well, since a super high post count, each only 2 words long adds up to not as much participation and/or contribution as fewer lenthy posts…

I suspect it might be a requirement to live in Taipei too… so you can attend the Forumosa evenings…[/quote]
plasmatron and t.ukyo are correct – the minimum is (apparently) 250 posts ( read this: phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph … 426#653426 )

If you want to lower this post count, you’ll have to bring it up with Maoman

Just checking if I have a star and dusting the cobwebs off my account. :sunglasses:

Edit: Hey! Where’s my star?! :frowning:

Edit 2: Oh, I really should read all posts more carefully. Just 3 posts away from 250 now! :blush:

I was thinking you might have to donate money as well. I don’t know… I wish a moderator would answer this post! Maoman, ni zai nali? :astonished:

At your service. :bow: Goose Egg (Tech Admin) gave the correct info a couple of posts up. You get a star after each year’s membership, assuming you have a minimum of 250 posts. Donations get you our eternal gratitude, but no special perqs. :stuck_out_tongue:

And what about those slogans or quotes that some people have underneath their posts? You used to be able to buy them for karma points–how does the system work now? (I used to have one but it only shows up intermittantly these days.)

[quote=“MaoMan”]Goose Egg (Tech Admin) gave the correct info a couple of posts up.[/quote]as did I years ago, but you always forget about me :frowning:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 5347#95347
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 327#232327

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]And what about those slogans or quotes that some people have underneath their posts? You used to be able to buy them for karma points–how does the system work now? (I used to have one but it only shows up intermittantly these days.)[/quote]We haven’t had karma/quanxi for ages, maybe you’re turning your signature off by unclicking the “show signature” button.

Thanks for your answers. Cheers and have a great day! :smiley:

Hallefallujah! It works! Now the world can bask in the light of my Unification Church propaganda message.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Maoman”]Goose Egg (Tech Admin) gave the correct info a couple of posts up.[/quote]as did I years ago, but you always forget about me :frowning:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 5347#95347
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 327#232327
[/quote]

I remembered, but I was too lazy to do a search. Thanks for reminding me that I still got my 5-star avatar somewhere on my webspace:

Maybe I should use it and see if it causes some confusion. :smiley:

Finally I have a goal in my life as a Forumosan! Yay! I mean, just look at them, those stars do look fancy…
Expect to read more from me in the next couple of weeks (and then less again once I have my stars; unless there will be other goodies for over 500 posts or whatever).