Awful Democrats: Their VERY OWN Thread

Are you talking about Obama? Medicare was passed under LBJ in 1965.

Obamacare then

But that reminds me of repeal and replace, or building the wall. Come to think of it, not only did trump not successfully legislate away press freedoms, he didn’t really accomplish… anything?

But yes, Obama, trying to drag this back around to the Dems

Ah, the Affordable Care Act, which failed completely in making healthcare affordable. It was a big win for the insurance industry though.

1 Like

A casual skim of Google hits suggests not so unsuccessful

March 2020 marks the 10th anniversary of the passage of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. In its first decade, Obamacare has failed to solve many of the health care problems it was supposed to address. Even worse, it has compounded many of the issues it was meant to fix — the law of unintended consequences in action.

First, then-candidate Barack Obama said his namesake act would “cut the cost of a typical family’s premiums by up to $2,500 a year.”

In reality, the opposite has occurred. According to the Department of Health and Human Services, “premiums have doubled for individual health insurance plans since 2013, the year before many of Obamacare’s regulations and mandates took effect.”

Even more shocking, HHS reports, “Average individual market premiums more than doubled from $2,784 per year in 2013 to $5,712 on Healthcare.gov in 2017—an increase of $2,928 or 105%.” Needless to say, Obamacare has fallen woefully short in its grand ambition to slice health insurance premiums by $2,500 per year.

We know best, that why we got the money. They! They got all the money! Those guys, over there! The millionaires and billionaires. They. They take it all, all the time. Forever.

I wonder if he’ll be honest about it if this turns out to be legit or just continue to be condescending.

politicians will always be politicians. Sanders ain’t some independent angel

Is there not an awful republicans thread?

Interesting to see a bipartisan effort these days.

Several, a couple are Trump themed

For example:

1 Like

Saw this the other day, not just about Dems

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/4193556-no-point-at-all-please-just-end-the-daily-white-house-press-briefing/

3 Likes

He’s INNOCENT, so don’t run.

He’s NOT too old, just don’t run.

Hunter Biden is a witch hunt, but don’t run.

Here’s the real article:

Biden has never been good at saying no. He should have resisted the choice of Harris, who was a colleague of his beloved son Beau when they were both state attorneys general. He should have blocked then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan, which has done considerable damage to the island’s security. He should have stopped his son Hunter from joining the board of a Ukrainian gas company and representing companies in China — and he certainly should have resisted Hunter’s attempts to impress clients by getting Dad on the phone.

It’s like we’re supposed to believe that the 50 year old is a teenage boy trying to impress his frat bros.

I hope Biden has this conversation with himself

Would he be able to understand his own mumbling nonsense? Maybe he should stroke his white leg hairs and threaten to beat up a black fella.

1 Like

I think Biden and Feinstein both need some mamypoko diapers.
(102) Happy Bum - Happy Mamy with MamyPoko Pants - YouTube

“Co-host Mika Brzezinsk i seemed skeptical, if not somewhat disappointed with the frequent Morning Joe guest and challenged Ignatius to come up with a better alternative to Biden, to which he admitted he “could not name that person.””

Joe and Kamala are the “best and the brightest” the Democratic Party has to offer?

2 Likes

No, but they are bought and paid for.

Democrats must be having trouble sleeping at night worrying that the worst nightmare may come true: Trump acquitted and an 82 year old with dementia nominated to run against him.

1 Like

Well, I mean, they did lie for the common good. Well, the DNC’s common good…well, Hillary.

1 Like

So you sleep well knowing a 77 year old malignant narcissist with dementia could be president again?

Ouch! I felt a knee jerk.

Arthritis acting up?