B&Q (特力屋) stores in Kaohsiung

B&Q in Taipei are large stores. I know the Neihu store is a large one, Shilin too. Specifically their wood section (where they can saw to size).

In Kaohsiung I went to the store near the Cultural Center (Dashun 3rd Rd.) and the one in Fengshan (Ruilong East Rd.) and they are smaller.

Is the Minzu 1st Rd. location a large one?

The one on MinZu is the biggest one in Kaohsiung. The Hola on the first floor is also the biggest one.

1 Like

Are the stores in Neihu and Shilin bigger than the one in Xindian? I went to the Xindian one this evening actually and was a bit disappointed*.

*Specifically, I thought they might have a gardening section like they do in the UK, but maybe that’s not the case in Taiwan, and the wood selection seemed limited (just a couple of small aisles) and more expensive than I was expecting, but again maybe those are normal prices in Taiwan (I was thinking about building a new desk at some point for fun, but judging from the wood prices it’d work out at several times more expensive just for the wood, not including the tools etc. I’d need to buy, than buying a desk online).

There is a gardening section in Shilin.

1 Like

Their gardening sections are wide aisles, not separate halls like you might have in mind. [edit - Shilin has some extra space for gardening]

Neihu (and I think Shilin too) have larger selections of spruce lumber/timber that I like. You don’t find this type of wood in Taiwanese lumber stores (木行).

I’ve never been to the Xindian store.

Shilin has a kind of separate back area.

1 Like

Hello, everybody! New to the forum, was searching for information on B&Q and found this site. Good information here!

I visited a B&Q about 6 months ago, no idea which location since my son-in-law was driving. But I remember a decently sized garden department at the back of the store - several aisles of tools and materials, and some really high prices on pretty much everything in the store. Kind of felt like a cross between Home Depot and Walmart. In spite of the high prices, I saw a lot of items not found in any of the other hardware stores around Pingtung, where I have lived since we moved to Taiwan about a year ago. Loving Taiwan, probably will go back to B&Q or Hola at some point. Just wanted to thank the previous posters for good some information!

1 Like