Baby whiners grow up to be conservatives

I saw this article and then realized I just had to post it up here. It is interested how reactionaries and intolerant people are really the whiners amongst us while the heroic little ones turn out to be open-minded freethinkers. I loved the part that proves that Chinese government is full of whining losers. Remember Communist China is not a real communist country, but a fascist one!!!

Liberals believe that most people are basically trustworthy, honest, decent, peaceful, helpful, kind, fair and generous, because they believe other people are just like them.

Conservatives believe that most people are basically backstabbing, selfish, hateful, dishonest, war-like, exploitative, deceitful and greedy, because they believe other people are just like them.

Political beliefs from the back of a Wheaties box.

Wonderful. :unamused:

When I lived in China (I taught at a university in Sichuan) I found the contrary: the bright, outgoing, seemingly best-adjusted of my students were the ones who joined or wanted to join the Party. They were ambitious and saw it as a way to get ahead.

well, maybe the only way to get ahead in China is to join the party…

Wow, there’s a news flash. A UC berkeley professor saying that all conservatives started as whiny insecure kids.
There can’t possibly be any bias in this study, can there.

What a load of crap!

Link please.

Thank you.

I haven’t read how the study was performed, so I can’t judge how credible it is (I doubt that any of the above critics have either), but the following doesn’t seem so outrageous does it:

On the other hand, the following explanation does not seem improbable, either:

[quote]The results do raise some obvious questions. Are nursery school teachers in the conservative heartland cursed with classes filled with little proto-conservative whiners?

Or does an insecure little boy raised in Idaho or Alberta surrounded by conservatives turn instead to liberalism? [/quote]

Incidentally, it’s unfair to criticize the results as incorrect because the study was performed by a Berkeley prof. Similar results came from a prior study performed at conservative Stanford U.

As for a link to the study, I haven’t seen that, but lots of blogs, editorials and op-ed pieces are referring to the study. See:

google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& … tnG=Search

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]Political beliefs from the back of a Wheaties box.

Wonderful. :unamused:[/quote]

Whiner.

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]Political beliefs from the back of a Wheaties box.

Wonderful. :unamused:[/quote]

And off he goes, running to tell the teacher…

And now, form the Stanford Daily Online Edition:

[quote]Members of the faculty and administration acknowledged that many Stanford employees tend to be politically liberal, consistent with the center

[quote=“Chris”]Liberals believe that most people are basically trustworthy, honest, decent, peaceful, helpful, kind, fair and generous, because they believe other people are just like them.

Conservatives believe that most people are basically backstabbing, selfish, hateful, dishonest, war-like, exploitative, deceitful and greedy, because they believe other people are just like them.[/quote]

hammer
nail
thumb

but it was fun to read. :slight_smile: :wink:

Just for fun, how many soldiers and civilians has GWBush killed? How many did JFK and LBJ kill? War like? You betcha!