"Back of the Bus" for unmarried longtime Taichung Alien Permanent Residents

Nuns too can’t get the discount. Because they aren’t married.

There are not other options for some people.

Sure, you don’t have to sit differently, as you won’t even be getting on the bus, unless you pay more.

They even wiped out getting spouse of deceased teacher retirement allowment:
教師之遺族外國籍配偶申請撫卹金事宜, 係依現行「公立學校教職員退休資遣撫卹條例」第75條及第95條規定…

Lots of responses, basically complaining on forumosa. Do you think we set public policy here? :grin:

OP: What are you willing and able to do to get people organized? Redirect your energy and try to get the discriminatory bus fare changed!

EDIT: If you have not read through the youbike debacle thread, that might be one useful place to start.

Cheers,
Guy

1 Like

Back to the topic.

I initially thought there is a technical error for this mishappening.
Take your HuKou and apply for it literally only enable actually Taichung residents, this making the whole process quite straight and simple.
Married foreigners and children easily included in the program.

To be honest the actual idea only to include Taichung residents isn’t that bad afterall. So tourists, regardless locals or foreigners have to pay for bus transportation.

But now I am reading that students who are studying in Taichung, but who are registered somewhere else, are also included in the free bus system.
It seems it may even include foreign students, it may even goes as far to include foreign language students …

Therefore there must be a way to let them slip into this free system, so my original idea everything is just based on household registration has been eliminated.

That makes me wonder, if they really ON PURPOSE have excluded A§RC Taichung City holders (work, divorced, widowed, Gold-Card and whatever else).

Anyway, depending on time I will protest in person and who knows maybe someone from the “free lawyer service” even have an interest in this kind of case.

1 Like

為防止綁定多卡借給外縣市民眾使用的情形發生而失去政策美意,雙十公車市民限定優惠一人限綁定一張卡片

I’d first ask to relevant authorities why foreign residents on non-spouse APRCs are excluded, and get written replies.

1 Like

This could be a positive one.
I’ve heard various opinions on it, let’s see how it plays out !

1 Like

I see your point. There are 2 different view points though, and i have experienced both first hand. Advantages of a jfrv over an aprc is immediate and total open work rights. You often get all the stimulus packages locals get and so on. Because you are legally binded to a local citizen, this makes sense, at least generally speaking.

I would say, from my personal experience, JFRV is much better legally. If your conjoined legal entity is.someone you love and trust.

Enter reality.

If you are based on marriage and get a divorce, you are beyond :crazy_face:ed. Also based on experience and helping others in said situation. This is where APRC, which i now hold, is beyond better. You are not held hostage by other people. However we as aprc holders dont get all the same benfits such as stimulus packages and free bus fare apparently. Though, to be honest i get all those. No idea why, perhaps i argue in person in chinese and they know when to quit. Bt i got my vouchers months ago…so its hard for me to say. I also dont live in ultra cityland so people tend to have more compassion and logic in rural areas.

When i have some time i am going to drive to a city and try and get anither stimulus voucher set. Just for chuckles… they gave it to me before, even brougt a couple other health cards and got everyones together as our neighbours are old and cant drive. go to the city and get my “foreigner” and see what they say, wont argue it thouggh as i already got one…more for curiosity to see how well managed their programming is.

Written replies. Hehe, cute :slight_smile: they normally know better than that by now :wink:

1 Like

From experience they are required to give written replies and they do. Generally you will wait a long time though as they will make you wait. You can make administrative appeals but you will be kept waiting for years.

I don’t want to discourage anyone though. Keep writing in and let your feelings be known.

2 Likes

Real simple: Husband and wife get on bus. Wife has to pay more. Husband gets angry and votes against mayor next election.

“All other foreigners won’t be going around with family members who can vote, so why give them discounts?”, the secret thinking surely is.

1 Like

Off topic?
Anyway, the computers that coughed on the old BC and BD’s will surely also cough on the 8’s and 9’s.

Yes, I fired off a lot of CEDAW complaints to various departments. I’m waiting for their written replies. (All electronic, no paper.)

Speaking about lawyers, he is always on our side:

1 Like

OK, I am attaching the (expecting: “typical”) replies from the government here.

Subject: 移民署署長信箱回覆信件編號:M1091205005
To: jidanni@jidanni.org
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 10:24:32 +0800
Reply-To: 署長信箱系統發信專用 niaecss@immigration.gov.tw

積丹尼先生您好:
您於109年12月5日寄給署長的電子郵件,提及針對臺中市政府新公車票制,有否違反CEDAW及入出國及移民法第62條一事,答復如下:
經聯繫臺中市政府交通局表示,新公車票制10公里內免費優惠對象為設籍於臺中市的市民(包括設籍市民之新住民配偶),以及在臺中市就學的學生,這屬於對設籍市民的福利優惠,不必然是歧視行為。因此建議您可先向臺中市政府反映(市長信箱:talk.taichung.gov.tw),以獲取更多資訊或爭取權益。
以上答復,供您參考,您若仍有其他疑問或不明瞭之處,歡迎隨時來電洽詢,感謝您的來信。
本案聯絡人員:洪聖竣
聯絡電話:02-23889393 分機 2581

敬祝
身體健康.萬事如意
移民署署長信箱 敬啟

3 Likes

所以能看做如是狗主人的福利,讓他狗免費坐公車。沒主人(未婚)的狗就無資格。

So it is like a benefit for dog owners. Letting their dogs ride the bus for free. (Unmarried) dogs without owners are not qualified.

但又不必然不是歧視行為。

“Not necessarily discriminatory.” – Yeah, not necessarily not necessarily discriminatory.

Stuff like this makes you want to bang your head against a wall…

2 Likes

I’d ask why APRC/ARC holders with local spouses and students of schools in the city are regarded as citizens but APRC holders without local spouses are not.

7 Likes