Hi folks, I’m an experienced, senior backend developer for PC games on Steam. I specialize in online multiplayer. I’m currently contracted for development (I’m not available full-time), but I am still available for consulting or high-level architecture (few hours at a time)!
- Online Multiplayer Architecture: Where do I even start?
- BaaS, DGS… What should I use for both realtime and persistent data?
- Authoritative vs Client-Side?
- How to collaborate with other developers/artists?
- What I did right vs what I did wrong: What I wish I knew when I first started.
- Integrations with Unity: Steam, Discord, Epic Games, your own hosted API, etc
- Automated Matchmaking.
- Quest Systems (Dailies).
- Friends System (with invites, prestige info, etc).
- Rich Presence (your in-game status presented to others).
- Discord community and bots.
Isn’t it nice when prices are clearly listed ahead of time?
- High-level Unity Architecture: $85/hr.
- Consulting: $200/hr, min 2 hrs (I’ll save you thousands).
Note: I have bare minimal experience with Unreal - Vast experience with Unity.