Badminton in Taipei

Anyone know where I can play badminton around central Taipei (Dongqu area)? Thinking of getting back into the groove after a long absence, so as a side note, advice on anywhere I can buy a decent racket would be appreciated as well.

1 Like

Hello!
Anyone have information on this? I am going back to Taiwan in March and will be looking for places and people to play with. And I am looking to buy (maybe in bulk) feather birds : Yonex as-50 for a good price and hopefully some gear.
Thanks!

Hi All,

BADMINTON CLUB FOR KIDS
I am forming a badminton club for elementary kids aged 8+ in the Shinyi area Wednesday nights… Call me if you want your child to join and for details. Training and playing 6:30-8pm.

TOURNAMENT IN APRIL FOR ADULTS
I am also looking for a doubles partner to play in the upcoming 43rd World Morning Cup Badminton in April registration is February 20th.

Steve
886 938095847

It seems all I’ve been doing is bumping threads lately.

Anyone out there still looking for some pick-up badminton? PM me!

I’ll be in Taipei until August, and I’m looking for a place to play indoor sports, due to rain. I live in Xinyi, so if anybody knows where to play some badminton, let me know!

There’s a list here:

twsport.com.tw/tw_upload.php

Hello,

I used to play badminton competition in my home country. I didn’t play for two years, but I’ve picked up playing again about 8 months ago.

I have a regular place where I play on Sunday’s. I’ve played on Thursday’s at another place, but their flooring isn’t good. I would like to play twice a week.

I live in the Banqiao area. That’s a nice list Tempo Gain posted. I may try to visit some of those in my area. Playing with English speakers would also be neat.

[quote=“Canasian eh?”]Hello!
Anyone have information on this? I am going back to Taiwan in March and will be looking for places and people to play with. And I am looking to buy (maybe in bulk) feather birds : Yonex as-50 for a good price and hopefully some gear.
Thanks![/quote]

I know two places in the Banqiao area that sell feather shuttles. I use Victor Champion (looks like this: healthsport.com.tw/product/s … mpion.html ).

On Google Maps, first search for Taipei, then 板橋區中正路147號1F . This is a specialized badminton store and have a large selection of rackets, bags, grips, some shoes from Yonex and Victor, etc. They’ll also do stringing on the spot for cheap (I don’t even think I had to pay for the labor last time).

The other is the Momentum sports store across from Fuzhong station (I’ve seen Momentum elsewhere too, but I don’t know if they have badminton stuff or not); on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Both places those shuttles go for around 540 nt. They are a popular kind, and pretty good quality.

Every sports center in Taipei has badminton courts and they do hourly rates. I think it’s 100NT per hour and they advise you to book in advance. The court is multipurpose, so it may not be open for badminton all day!

Hi I am New Here,

Looking for players to play regular badminton, court and location can be discuss and really want to make it a weekly 2 to 3 times a week badminton buddies, anyone up for it ? taipei or taoyuan !!!

Hello,

I’m interested in some badminton in the weekends. Let me know if any groups could use an extra guy.

Thanks

Hey, guys.
Come to my event~

I host training sessions in English and I have been playing for 10 years
Check it out on meetup.

1 Like

Sure, I will post it on meetup if I find a good spot.
Please join us on meetup so you wouldn’t miss out the news!