Bali bombers - how to execute them?

Hi girls!

I wouldn’t execute him either, since that’s what he wishes. Much better to have him in a cell overlooking a little beach bar on a beach in Brazil with some high-assed girls in bikinis with cheeky, knuckle biting thongs on chatting with young foreign backpackers. Constant Manilow playing in the background of his cell, “Her name was Lola . . . she was a show girl”.

Dunc

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Magnolia.

I understand the need some feel for retribution but then what’s that great term about the best revenge being to live well . . or something. The perpertrators of the Bali bombing are deluded nutters and should be treated as such. In fact, why not put the bastards in a psychiatric hospital and dope the suckers up?

HG[/quote]

Sure, sigh…! I’ve had a valium and looked at more news reports and if the majority of the victim’s families don’t want an eye-for-an-eye then their wishes should take precedent. But damn, I wish I was Kali, if only for an hour! :smiling_imp:

The majority of the victims were Balinese and their families aren’t in the forgiving mood.

[quote=“Big Dunc”]
I wouldn’t execute him either, since that’s what he wishes. Much better to have him in a cell overlooking a little beach bar on a beach in Brazil with some high-assed girls in bikinis with cheeky, knuckle biting thongs on chatting with young foreign backpackers. Constant Manilow playing in the background of his cell, “Her name was Lola . . . she was a show girl”. /quote]

That is SO the best solution! :laughing:

The majority of the victims were Balinese and their families aren’t in the forgiving mood.[/quote]

Sure, I’ve only been reading the English and Australian newspapers. :blush:

But I thought Aussies were in the majority and found this on the Guardian

guardian.co.uk/indonesia/Sto … 48,00.html

But still I’ve only read how non-locals feel about the punishment, so you were right to point that out.

I’m for Big Dunc’s excellent test of the man’s capacity to retain the faith.

As for the Balinese, I’m sure they will have their way and in that very Indonesian way it will be quietly understood across the whole archipeligo.

The Sth African “slow puncture” http://www.rnw.nl/hotspots/html/sa021129.html might be fitting.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]
The Sth African “slow puncture” http://www.rnw.nl/hotspots/html/sa021129.html might be fitting.

HG[/quote]

Rape him bloody (repeatedly, before he has time to heal) was the first thing I thought of, but was too embarassed to say… :shock:

The newspapers were more interested in the foreigners killed (slightly racist reporting?)…most of the Balinese were outside on the streets and actually vaporised. Stats I’ve seen have more than 100 Balinese missing (most certainly dead) from the area. There will never be a complete listing. There was a large cremation ceremony of unidentified body parts…

My apartment is on Jl. Sahadewa (not far from the bombing) and has large cracks all in the walls from the explosion.

BTW, the Guardian report is outdated. As of Feb 19, 89 Australians are reported to have been killed…not the Guardian’s 53.

Sure, point taken and sadly we’ll never know. That’s fucking grim, along with the two unidentified people that got airlifted to Aus still alive and died in hospital. Jeez, I don’t know why I started this thread now… :cry:

The best thing to do is go back to Bali, spend some money and try to enjoy yourself. The Balinese people are still ok and they need our help. God knows they’re not going to get it from the Indonesian government.

I’m planning to go in two weeks, first time since the bombings, and will have a drink or two in the new Sari club that recently opened a little bit away from the old site. An Aussie pal just got back and said the only people there at the moment are Taiwanese - go figure! Locals he spoke to said they’re all hoping that the Aussies and Japs will start coming back in their usual droves around Christmas, otherwise they’re screwed. I think you’re right - EVERYONE should just get over there, and not even think about haggling. Just give 'em the fucking money! We can all afford it, I’m sure :sunglasses:

I think you mean Paddy’s. At this time there are no plans to reopen the Sari Club. I just saw the story about the reopening in yesterday’s Jakarta Post. I hope to be back in about 3 weeks. If you’re around Jl. Sahadewa (between Jl. Melasti and Jl. Padma) in Legian, look out for me in Billy’s Bar…it’s an Aussie hangout and they’ve got the coldest beer in Bali. :smiley:

baliblog.com/news/archives/001330.shtml

This is the first time I have ever agreed with you. :slight_smile:

This is the first time I have ever agreed with you. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Damn! I must be getting slack in my old age! :laughing:

Yes, I DO mean Paddy’s! Thanks! And if I chance past Billy’s, you’ll be the very gaunt guy in Ray-bans with a huge spliff, right? :wink:

Close. :smiley: Don’t forget my ponytail and posse of Balinese babes! :laughing:

. . . and the fuck you attitude that every now and then slips to reveal the possibility of a decent human being.

HG

[quote=“blueface666”]
Close. :smiley: Don’t forget my ponytail and posse of Balinese babes! :laughing:[/quote]

Well I’ll be sure to bring along a gaggle of Balinese drag-babes from the Hulu Cafe - there’s nothing like watching a cat-fight over a couple of cold beers! :wink:

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”] . . . and the fuck you attitude that every now and then slips to reveal the possibility of a decent human being.

HG[/quote]

I get it from hanging out with too many Aussies…I’ll try to do better. In my next life! :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: