So the controversy about facebook privacy practices has become mainstream recently, concerning an increasing amount of people. Is it because now politics made it part of your arguments against The Others? whatever it is, now people start to realize that facebook is not that nice, not always…
Personally I decided long time ago, before it became popular in my country, that I wouldn’t use it, for reasons that might be a bit stupid perhaps (it gets the rights of your pictures, and I used to hang out with some nerds who convinced me it was evil… and maybe they were right after all). I have regretted a few times since then but I felt awkward to create an account… and now I’m happy being out of it.
However, facebook DOES track people who are not even registered and stores data about them. Yeah, a bit annoying or even worrisome.
So… what can you guys do about it? Some suggestions:
- ask facebook to send you all your data
- ask facebook to remove your data
- unsubscribe facebook
- add this to your hosts file: https://steemit.com/block/@barryallen/how-to-block-facebook-with-hosts-file-for-windows
- use noscript, uMatrix or other extensions
- do not visit links to videos or other contents on facebook
- please do not post links to videos or other contents on facebook
I also don’t like the power that we are giving to google, and similar actions can be taken.