Bank N26 (and Revolut)

Hi
I remember having read here on this forum about someone who had been able to open a bank account at N26
But nothing appears when I search for N26

Who knows about N26?
What do you think?
N26 is limited to Europe, but there are tricks to open an account from here in Taiwan… What do you know?

Same questions about Revolut
Who knows about Revolut?
What do you think?
Revolut is limited to Europe, but there are tricks to open an account from here in Taiwan… What do you know?

I have both. You can use a European passport to register via app from Taiwan and need a European address to get the card delivered. I had them delivered to my family there. Upon receipt of the card, N26 requires you to enter the code (printed on the card) into the app to activate your card. Revolut does not need this but you need to use the card once before your account is fully active.

revolut.com

So you signed up on the app, and not on the website. I see. ok, I will try again. Thanks

I not only need an European address, but also an European smartphone. I only have a Taiwanese one… international code 886…

I had never heard of these before this post, but I got intrigued and signed up on Revolt today on a company account.

I will keep you posted if I get it opened, there seems to be a queue for them to process your application.

Right, you need a European sim card. Any prepaid one should work

I just found some new names

LeuPay > https://www.leupay.eu/

Monzo > https://monzo.com/about/

This kind of bank is called ‘Challenger Bank’ in the UK
I found more names here:
Aldermore / Atom Bank / Metro Bank / Monese / Monzo / Revolut / Secure Trust Bank / Starling Bank / Tandem / Tesco Bank / Tide / TSB Bank (United Kingdom) / Virgin Money / Zopa (launching 2018) / U Account

I signed up at Leupay Bank… still studying and trying

Not trying to be negative, but am actually extremely curious:
Are these types of banks backed up by their respective countries’ deposit insurance schemes (like up to U$100,000 for all banks in the U.S. and NT$1,000,000, I think, for banks in Taiwan)?

thanks-

I am very cautious too

To answer your question, one of them, Monzo has this data on its website:
Rest easy: We’re part of the FSCS, so your money is protected up to £85,000.
FSCS = Financial Service Compensation Scheme https://www.fscs.org.uk/

I don’t know about the others

I would prefer N26, but it is impossible as long as I am here in TW

I gave quite a few chances to Leupay, but somehow… failing
(doesn’t mean there is something wrong with Leupay)

I am now trying Revolut

No luck with Revolut

And Monzo is only for UK residents

Erm… actually these banks have fees and/or conditions
Well, it depends which country (in Europe) you are from

As a consequence of googling online banking
I got more and more ads related to that field

One of them is about O Bank
Because the name is short, there is no result when I search on the forum
But I do remember someone mentioned that bank recently

Who knows about O Bank?

I have not gone through the obank application process myself but someone told me about it some time ago:

They only have an app and one branch office in Taipei
As a foreigner, you need to go to that office in person to open your account. Locals can do it online.
They will scan your passport and ARC and there is a screen where you can choose your Visa card design (cute, very cute, or super cute…)
They will send the card via post to your address, takes about two weeks
The app is Chinese only (that may have changed in the meantime, not sure)

1 Like