Banqiao Man fined NT$26,000 for flipping the bird

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]

[/quote]

I thought the eye was a head and the nose/upper face a sitting body when I first saw this… :noway:

Was trying to figure out what the curvy part was when I realised it was a nose :aiyo:

[quote=“Feiren”]
Nonetheless, the prosecutor reasoned that Ms. Chen would not have thrown a fit in a public place unless she had been incited to rage by someone. [/quote]
What precisely is it about the middle finger that enrages some Taiwanese folk? I gave up using it quite a few years ago, as it often garnered an over the top reaction. These days I prefer to use the British bowman version, which only leads to quizzical expressions.
Yet I have never really understood why it is considered such an offence to some folks sensibilities. Anyone know the reason for the root of the rage?

[quote=“TheGingerMan”][quote=“Feiren”]
Nonetheless, the prosecutor reasoned that Ms. Chen would not have thrown a fit in a public place unless she had been incited to rage by someone. [/quote]
What precisely is it about the middle finger that enrages some Taiwanese folk? I gave up using it quite a few years ago, as it often garnered an over the top reaction. These days I prefer to use the British bowman version, which only leads to quizzical expressions.
Yet I have never really understood why it is considered such an offence to some folks sensibilities. Anyone know the reason for the root of the rage?[/quote]

Awareness of what it means perhaps.
If they only knew these too…

I’m a witness. presley did this to all of us. Let’s take him to the cleaners.[/quote]
Nonsense. I was picking my nose.[/quote]

you get the upstanding citizen award for that.[/quote]

being upstanding in public is, I imagine, also a punishable offence.