Bar supplies

Any places in Taipei that sell a good selection of professional quality bar supplies?

Equipment such as jiggers, bar mats, shakers, bar spoons, muddlers, speed pourers? The bars must get them somewhere.

What about ingredients other than those that can be found at Drinks, Breeze, City Super or Jason’s:

Cream of coconut (e.g. Coco Lopez)
Syrups (grenadine & lime cordial… but NOT “Lime’s” brand), orgeat, fruit syrups (such as Torani or Monin brands)
Other ingredients such as orange flower water (for the Ramos Gin Fizz)
Bitters other than Angostura (e.g. orange bitters, Peychaud’s)

Glassware?

Cocktail glasses, rocks glasses, champagne flutes, Irish coffee mugs, shot glasses, etc.

Thanks!

I don’t know any professional places (I’m sure someone like the Tavern owner or Citizen Kane or Alleycats or Yuma etc could help here - whether they will or not is another story), but I got a muddler (e.g. for mojitos) at workinghouse (don’t know if it’s still available) and the top floors of Green or White Sogo have some shakers and glassware (not cheap). There’s a cooking supply in the first alley north east (along civic) of the Civic-Tun Hwa intersection about 10m in on the right at the first alley corner.

That’s pretty close to where I live!

Thanks.

This shop is based in Tainan; they also have a store in KaoShiung… They serve all of Taiwan via delivery service. And they are on the internet.

They have all of the items you’ve mentioned…and more.

A lot of European brands as well as other parts of the world. Good coffee beans also. They will also do specialty roasts and blends. Huge selection of coffee makers of all types and sizes as well as complete barware, dinner ware and service items for home, commercial and personal use.

SanPian Coffee & Food Company
sanpin.com.tw

tele # - (06) 2153.100
Chinese/Taiwanese is the standard language, but ask for Wang Yi-Chuan ( Mark ) and his english is pretty good.

Good place and good people to deal with. A lot of food items also. Big selection.

Thanks, TC. I’ll have to check it out.

The baking supply store in Zhonghe has the consumables - syrups liquers etc, and some of the equipment.

Zhonghe, Yi-an Rd, L118, 14 (02) 8660-8895

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]The baking supply store in Zhonghe has the consumables - syrups liquers etc, and some of the equipment.

Zhonghe, Yi-an Rd, L118, 14 (02) 8660-8895[/quote]
What’s the nearest MRT station?

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“Bu Lai En”]The baking supply store in Zhonghe has the consumables - syrups liquers etc, and some of the equipment.

Zhonghe, Yi-an Rd, L118, 14 (02) 8660-8895[/quote]
What’s the nearest MRT station?[/quote]
Yong’an Market.

Come by and see us if you’re in the neighborhood. We live right by the MRT

Some great glassware here, and they also have shaker sets (including professional Boston shakers):

Jan Hwai Enterprise Co.
1F No. 36-3, Fuxing S. Rd. Sec. 1, Taipei.

Across from Breeze Center.

[quote=“Chris”]Some great glassware here, and they also have shaker sets (including professional Boston shakers):

Jan Hwai Enterprise Co.
1F No. 36-3, Fucing S. Rd. Sec. 1, Taipei.

Across from Breeze Center.[/quote]
Excellent man, I was gonna ask how yer search was going, how are the prices at that place for the shaker sets? And dd you see a muddler there (the stick for making mojtos, old fashioneds, etc)?

Sorry this is a little late, I was serving a CHICKENSHIT suspension.
If you go down the Roosevelt side under the Hoping W Rd end of the bridge to Yong Ho (with me so far?) all those lanes are loaded with restaurant supply stores.
Everything from shot glasses to whole bars in sections, hot dog machines to toothpick holders, most of it for real cheap.

TT, I was just looking at these this morning…

Thats perfect - whatre their prices like? Or should I just wait til the next trip back to Flavor Country and pick the stuff up there? I hate gettin stabbed in the ass pricewise buying shit here that is actually made here or China or VN or whatever but costs twice as much as at home

http://www.mycubanstore.com/page/MC/CTGY/mojito

Pick yourself out a nice guayabera while you’re there…

The mixing glass is about NT$100, a Hawthorne strainer is NT$90, but the shaker tin itself is pricier, at around NT$500.

I didn’t see a muddler, but I didn’t look hard for one. (I brought one from the US.)

Talking about Old Fashioneds, I went to Tavern Premier the other day and ordered one. None of the three bartenders had heard of one. :astonished:

Once I told them how to make it, they made it quite well. Hard to screw up if you know how to make it right: it’s such a simple cocktail.

http://www.mycubanstore.com/page/MC/CTGY/mojito

Pick yourself out a nice guayabera while you’re there…[/quote]
Thanks, chief. I wore a guayabera at my wedding, but I’m trying to lose weight, not look like a chubby cuban, so I’m-a hold off on more of 'em for now. That set looks nice but I just need the muddler - 10 bucks’ll do it, unless decent glasses come cheap (like I do). The glasses with the mint leaves imprinted on em look decent but they’ll hide how much actual mint is in the drink… like the cubano cigar ones though, especially for a beach bar.

[quote=“Chris”]The mixing glass is about NT$100, a Hawthorne strainer is NT$90, but the shaker tin itself is pricier, at around NT$500.

I didn’t see a muddler, but I didn’t look hard for one. (I brought one from the US.)

Talking about Old Fashioneds, I went to Tavern Premier the other day and ordered one. None of the three bartenders had heard of one. :astonished:

Once I told them how to make it, they made it quite well. Hard to screw up if you know how to make it right: it’s such a simple cocktail.[/quote]
So the shaker set’s about 20 bucks all in (glass, strainer, shaker), I guess that’s what I paid for a basic one in the US, maybe a little more in the US. Not surprising about the old fashioneds, guess it’s cause it’s a murkin drink, the swiss have no clue what their missing!

Did anyone find a muddler in the end? Or good substitute (for mojitos)

And visit your nearest gangster for the necessary shotgun…

prank calls can come from any source…

this is an ancient thread, but nothing I learned here got me closer to orgeat. I made my own, but it was lacking. anyone find orgeat recently? I want to make mai tais.

I’m also i retested in finding some orgeat.

You can get rose syrup, cane sugar syrup and almond syrup, make your own.