Bargain Foods

If anyone cares, the Far Eastern in Hsimending has gotten in a shipment of foreign food that they are selling at pretty reasonable prices, stuff like corn tortillas, marmite, ginger ale, baking chocolate, jalapenos, lady fingers, cous cous, etc. Not at the foriegn food aisle by the dairy section, but in the center of the grocery store by the teas.

Taiwan seems to be going through an amazing spurt of foreign food stocking. I’m shattered. I was boasting about all the foreign muck i could get here in HK before I left Taiwan but now you bastards have it all too!

Why did I leave?

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Taiwan seems to be going through an amazing spurt of foreign food stocking. I’m shattered. I was boasting about all the foreign muck I could get here in HK before I left Taiwan but now you bastards have it all too!

Why did I leave?

HG[/quote]

Yes, lucky for us we have lady fingers here now. :s
But you have big slap up curries over there, so shut your gob!

And the yanks are learning the English language! :wink:

Gawd!

Actually I’ve had my fill of HK curry and got my wife to bring me over a ‘biandang’ with Taiwan rice! Seriously. :blush:

HG

And the yanks are learning the English language! :wink:

Gawd!

Actually I’ve had my fill of HK curry and got my wife to bring me over a ‘biandang’ with Taiwan rice! Seriously. :blush:

HG[/quote]
That’s sad. Besides the rice, what was on the biandang? Curious.

Little fishies with chilli and radish, corn, of course (although that wasn’t of my choosing) ‘kong xin cai’ and a really bad ‘paigu’. Fortunately she also brought a kilo of Taiwan rice. Really, there’s none better.

HG

… except for Thai rice of course!

Does anyone have an address for this place or know somewhat where it is in Ximending?

I don’t know Ximending all that well, but I’d like to see what bargain import foods this place has. Is it a
supermarket?

Thanks.

Does anyone have an address for this place or know somewhat where it is in Ximending?

I don’t know Ximending all that well, but I’d like to see what bargain import foods this place has. Is it a
supermarket?

Thanks.[/quote]

It is right at the corner of Yenping S. Rd. and Baoching, right at the MRT Hsimen station. The supermarket is in the basement.

Thank you, Flicka. I will go there this weekend.

Thanks again for the information–and the directions.