Bars in taoyuan

So I’ll be moving to downtown Taoyuan next month and just wanted to know what are some good bars in the downtown area. I have heard a lot have been shut down.

Yeah I heard IMA shut down last Wed.

Xtrain is probably one of the more knowledgable guys about pubs in Taoyuan. A list wouldn’t be a bad idea actually.

Taoyuan doesn’t have a lot going for it when it comes to nightlife and action, in fact it’s piss poor. There’s a few poxy bars but if you really want to party then your best going into Taipei or better still save all your money and go to Europe. But, if you still fancy going out for a few beers then there’s always Jake’s Place and Rodeo Bar, both are nothing special and you’ll soon get bored. Good luck.

Maybe you’d be better-off pissing off to Europe then mate! :raspberry: A party can be had if YOU want one, 'tis NOT the venue only that maketh the party.

Taoyuan is not only about downtown Taoyuan. There’s also The River and next-door neighbor Summertime in ChungLi and Azul’s in Longtan. All three which are incidently… lo and behold: in Taoyuan County. If you make the effort to break out a few extra NT’s from your miserly pocket you’ll be amazed to find that there’s actually a great night-life in the rest of Taoyuan!

I know that I sound pissed off, but I get like that when arseholes like Beachbum diss Taoyuan like that! A lot of us make Taoyuan our home from home. (I’m in Taoyuan county these days, 6 years in Taoyuan City).

Seriously though… The “list” is there already, I’d just like to add to it, please let me know if you find something in (the greater Taoyuan) worth adding to:

http://www.taiwansaffies.com/TaoyuanLive/TaoyuanLive2.html

Oh dear, Taiwan softy!

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Surrenr say that he was moving to ‘Downtown Taoyuan’ if I thought that he was talking about the whole of Taoyuan county I wouldn’t have bothered sending a reply.

The response that I gave was an honest one, like it or leave, it’s just my impression of the nightlife scene or lack of in Taoyuan city.

If you think that I’m an arsehole for saying that, that’s upto you but it doesn’t mean that your right. Also, you talk of me being a miser with my NTD$…all I can say to that is …if only you new mate.

Anyway, it’s not that important. I know it’s your home and if your happy with your life in Taoyuan then good luck to you, personaly, I think that better times are to be had elsewhere.

Yadda, Yadda, Yadda… If only I knew!

Welcome to Forumosa anyway! :beer:

beachball,
Don’t worry about Taiwan-Saffie. Some people just can’t handle the truth, and they hate having their bubbles pricked. Welcome to Forumosa!!

John

Any good clubs at least in Taoyuan? How about a Thai disco or Filipino Disco? I’m so bored in Taoyuan City.

more bars/pubs/dance clubs in chung li than in taoyuan.

really, most people move this way after getting married etc., and most of the younger crowd who start here wind up moving towards chung li or taipei if they want to party.

of course, some of us manage to have lives outside of clubs and bars …

But, where are they X-train? I know you know Buddy.

you said you wanted good bars, and i’ve said look elsewhere. with that warning in mind:

jake’s - on san min road near the “giant egg”.

rodeo - on min tzu road (which becomes yung an road past san min) close to chungshan. used to be foreign owned/run, but i think he sold out.

I95 or something - on the main drag through nankan, a couple hundred meters past the beetle-nut beauties.

lion king - a dance club. no idea if it’s open or if you should even attempt to go in. i know that it was the “e” capital of taiwan for a while, and there were usually a number of “unsavory” characters hanging around outside. may i suggest you go with a group? a little back towards san min road from rodeo.

i seem to recall that you were moving to nankan. down the road that runs beside the marco polo complex were a couple of bars. back when i lived there, we stopped in once in a while.

someone want to add to this?

I was going to move there but found a new aprtment building almost right beside the train station in Taoyuan

I posted this already,
but I think I was EDITED again by the flippin’ Mods
…Like beachball said “they’re in Europe” Mate! :smiley: