⚾ Baseball - MLB | Cleveland announces name change to Guardians

In pursuit of a theory that people who knew what they were talking about knew was wrong, and mistakenly landed someplace else than where he thought he was, and kept stubbornly to that view the rest of his life in the face of universally accepted evidence that he was wrong. Plus treated the people he found so badly that people at the time were shocked at his behavior.

Other than that, it was a great feat, though, along with Vasco da Gama rounding the Cape of Good Hope, it pretty well would inevitably have been done done by somebody in the next few years.
Still, kudos to the great explorers of the time. The second greatest epic of maritime exploration.

1 Like

No, inhabitants of America.
Though I shiver for the Vancouver Canucks.

Well, human inhabitants.

The Cleveland Marauders might be more in line with the original idea.

Really? Which people? The home town crowd or the victims? And are we now saying that island inhabitants and the Indians up and around the Ohio River Valley were one and the same? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

He didn’t sail the wrong way. He was looking for a new route to India. He didn’t know about a big landmass in his way.

1 Like

Doesn’t stop us from correcting it, what, 500 years later!

Thank you mr detail!

1 Like

USA is the most pluralistic in the history of the world. Japan one of the most xenophobic. USA can take lessons from Japan on diversity like Lebron James can take lessons from me on playing basketball

2 Likes

That is so true. Japan is probably the most racist developed nation on earth , a few others come close I can think of another one beginning with the letter T.

Seems so, strange one

I see some have taken my advice :joy:

Cleveland Guardians steamer shirt, hoodie, sweater, long sleeve and tank top (rmitshirt.com)

The Tempogainers would actually be dope for an indoor bike racing club.

:nerd_face:

1 Like

J prefer “Cleveland Guardians of the Galaxy”

1 Like

Guardians of woke orthodoxy.

How about Cleveland Guardians of Rock and Roll?

Honestly, they should have went with the Cleveland Rocks suggestion that we had somewhere in the past.

The Cleveland Smog works as well.

Since we’re on this topic:

He’s the guy who invented Cleveland. Yeah! :rofl:

Guy