⚾ Baseball | MLB

Ohhh, so it’s an insanely short memory that’s helped you get through years of watching Boone mishandle his pen. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up!

Definitely. But I also think he’s gotten much worse since Vin died, like he sees this as his moment to take that spot. The problem is that Costas always tries to insert himself into it, rather than celebrating the moment like Vin did. I heard a great point recently about this, that Costas would like baseball to just end so he can know all of it and be the ultimate source.

Him in particular. Michael Kay as well, they just live to point out not just the negative stuff that has happened but the negative stuff that may happen. Just cynical noise. I miss Vin.

Kay, Sterling, Waldman, all horrible. And, blasphemy for some, but I think Scully was overrated. Hearing him all the time in LA, I get the feeling fans only heard his iconic calls and / or hadn’t heard him in years.

I like Cone - has great insight and analysis about what’s going on. Ruocco is pretty good.

1 Like

I liked his regular season games. Just him talking about baseball and the players. No spin.

Cone is alright. Neutral for the most part and baseball articulate.

yesterday, when the Yankees made it 4-2, then put 2 on, you were like, yep, looks like they’re going to win, right? :laughing:

As for Naylor celebrating when they were losing… glad he’s having fun, but:

1 Like

Hope fades.

Judge was so close once again.
I must say that having been a fan for 5+ decades, we can complain about this or that announcer, but we are absolutely blessed with great camerawork and coverage these days.
Try to watch some old tapes of World Series games from yesteryear, and then compare that with your wide screen modern version.
You don’t like the announcer? Maybe tune in to another one, in the language of your choice. But I hope you all appreciate the slow motion that allows you to count the 108 stitches on the ball as it spins. Check out the graphics of each pitcher’s repertoire, enjoy the superslowmo of instant replay.
And it’s the same in all sports these days. We have been spoiled.
Bob: Do you remember who won the series back in 1962?
Joe: Beats me. (crickets)
Robert: I wonder who threw the fastest splitter in baseball this year?
Joseph: Lemme check. (5 seconds later) Here on Statcast’s Active Spin Leaderboard, it says that Gilbert Tyler threw the fastest splitter at 98.7 miles per hour.
Robert: This announcer sucks.

3 Likes

Phillies representing! Damn

Heads should roll.

The 7th inning was brutal

The Yankees are out, but I don’t know where else to put this, so I’m going for it.

My result… I got the last one wrong

All the baseball fans I know seem to have gotten the same result.

I think only the last one was right on the edge of the strike zone.

1 Like

Did anyone see this since you’re talking calling balls and strikes?

Umpire in Game 2 called a perfect game. First time since they started keeping track in 2015.

1 Like

Noice!

Good year. Great thread. See you in April!

1 Like

I saw news about FTX can not pay many of its customers, wonder does it affect Base Ball.

Should we start a new thread for offseason action? The Astros are in Win a WS, Fuck Around Mode. It’s pretty funny to watch.