⚾ Baseball | MLB

… oh and Nasty with the W! Love that dude…

2 Likes

While it’s highly unlikely that happens, I am here for it if it does. That’d be a badass move.

That’s probably valid. But to call TA stupid and in bad taste for it is pretty ridiculous. To be fair, I probably rolled my eyes a little bit when that interview came out. But whatever. It still doesn’t give JD the right to call him Jackie. There’s a long history of calling minorities by the name of famous ones, i.e., any generous black woman being called Oprah, etc., as a way of lumping them all together.

As for the Tiger comparison, yeah. But to a counterpoint, I bet that Morikawa, the guy who won the Master’s last year, could probably get away with calling himself the Japanese Tiger if he won a few more majors. Also, part of being a professional athlete is that kind of extreme confidence that you are the best there ever was, which often causes a few eye rolls from us fans. But that’s just how it works.

Good small ball last night. Judge steals second. Nasty shatters bats, and gets a 24 out shutout.

Just saw this:

1 Like

OK, a bunch of stuff that isn’t racist is considered racist by someone who apparently has a racist ideology, and therefor what Donaldson said (which is objectively not racist and is mild ribbing at best) magically also becomes racist to fit that apparently racist ideology.

All this bitching makes me feel like I’m in the bleachers.

1 Like

There’s more swearing there. And more expensive beers.

2 Likes

Devil Ray Throwback day tomorrow.

Huh? The fuck is this gibberish? Glad I was busy for a few days and didn’t see it. But alas, here am I now. Anyway, if you want to defend a guy who’s still worked up over a quote from an article three years ago–and btw, you brought up Donaldson in this thread, nobody else really wanted to touch it–you do you man.

Please tone it down a notch, alright? We are not in the bleachers here… Or are we?

Thought we were. Really, that crossed a line? Alright then. No fucks.

1 Like

Let’s say, it’s on the line. If everyone is cool, that’s fine with me. Let’s throw some verbal fast balls. Have yet to see a baseball game this year. How are the bloody socks doing?

My neighbor is a sox fan. We talk about his pool filter. :whistle:

1 Like

Good AL showcase game. Trevino is becoming my favorite player. Safe at home!

Yankees take down Ohtani 6-1 in the first game and then a near perfect outing in the second:

Man, the Yankees are brutalizing their opponents these days. Cole gets another near perfect Yankees game.

Yawn. Yankees win again. Roger Clemens’ kid plays for Detroit and was just called up. Waiting in his first big league hit. Hicks got a hit and somewhere in heaven, an angel got a tattoo.

Speaking of angels, the team from Anaheim has lost 10 straight. It’s almost like Taylor Ward got injured and the team just fell apart. Is he the straw the stirs the drink down there?

I doubt it. They are going over a bumpy piece of road. It’s a long season. The Yankees were being written off before 20 games had been played.