⚾ Baseball - Taiwan

Nice vid!
And I don’t understand the rules of baseball!

1 Like

I still think sabermetrics is making the game more fun, rather than more boring. It’s actually the juiced ball that made the game more boring.

1 Like

Tainan Josh just divorced. :sleepy:

Too bad. Was hoping they’d have some kids.

The first time Amber showed up in one of his videos, my wife turned to me and said this girl is just there for his publicity and money.

At the time I wondered how she could tell. In some of the quiz videos they do, Amber seems pretty knowledgeable when it comes to Taiwanese baseball history, so it seemed like they have a common interest to base their relationship off on. Although, it was pretty clear she wanted Josh to help launch her own channel.

While it’s unfortunate that their relationship took a bad turn, but at least Josh is free from verbal and physical abuse.

1 Like

That in the news somewhere? Link? Never read that.

So far all the details came from Josh. When the news first broke, Josh released photos of damages to his house, including red paint on the wall telling him to go die and called him a mama’s boy. She also trashed the TV, the smart curtains, and cut up all of his clothes. It isn’t hard to find the images, and Josh also made a video afterwards when he got an advertisement deal from a Chinese robot vacuum company.

Then in the video posted above, he talked about previous instances of Amber losing control of her temper, and him pleading her to go to marriage counseling and getting refused.

1 Like

Taiwan’s reigning U18 Baseball World Cup team has won 4 games in a row (game against Panama postponed), and enters the next round as first in Group B. They were able to defeat Team Japan in a 9 to 2 victory.

1 Like

Checkout this play by Panama left fielder.

1 Like

Wow, Team Taiwan just beat Team USA 6 to 2 in the super round.

1 Like

Boy that last play of the last game vs. Korea was stupid.

We were down 3 in extra innings, bases loaded two outs. Batter singles to right, two runs score, then gets thrown out trying to go to second. 你這個白痴

How many times is Taiwan gonna get thrown out on the basepaths for idiotic baserunning? The obviously don’t work on it.

In the 5th we had a guy on second with one out. Batter hits a comebacker, and then the pitcher throws out the runner at 3rd. Don’t you know to go back to your base?We need to stop trying to prove we’re s low-IQ baseball team.

I see this at all levels–little league, u12, U15, u18.

1 Like

More poor baserunning, this time vs. Netherlands.

Man on second, 1 out.

Batter hits it all the way to the warning track in right. Batter isn’t even able to tag up. Why? Because he was half way to third when the ball was caught. What was he doing there? If the ball dropped, he would’ve scored anyway.

1 Like

Yeah, we lost against Korea, but won against the Netherlands. Too bad we couldn’t repeat the win against Team USA in the finals, and lost out on taking home the trophy twice in a row.

2023 WBC is approaching, and Team Taiwan has already appointed a head coach, Lin Yue-ping, and Lin has put together the rest of the coaching staff.

It’s a great time to predict which players will play for Team Taiwan next year.

I’ve put together my list, based on 2 criteria. First, they’ve played well in the 2022 season in a professional league. Second, they haven’t gotten injured towards the end of the season.

A team can bring 30 players. 13 of them have to be pitchers, and there must be at least 3 catchers.

My Fielders:

Name Hanji Position Team
Giljegiljaw Kungkuan 吉力吉撈.鞏冠 C Wei Chuan Dragons
Lin Hung-yu 林泓育 C Rakuten Monkeys
Kao Yu-Chieh 高宇杰 C Chinatrust Brothers
Lin Chih-sheng, Ngayaw Age’ 林智勝 1B Wei Chuan Dragons
Hsu Chi-hung 許基宏 1B Chinatrust Brothers
Kou Yen-wen 郭嚴文 1B, 2B Rakuten Monkeys
Yu Chang 張育成 1B, 2B, 3B, SS Red Soxs
Lin Li 林立 2B, 3B Rakuten Monkeys
Liang Chia-Jung 梁家榮 3B Rakuten Monkeys
Jiang Kun-Yu 江坤宇 SS Chinatrust Brothers
Wang Seng-wei, Haro Ngayaw 王勝偉 SS, 2B Chinatrust Brothers
Chen Chen-wei 陳晨威 OF Rakuten Monkeys
Corbin Carroll OF Arizona Diamondbacks
Stuart Fairchild OF Cincinnati Reds

Back up Fielder options:

Name Hanji Position Team
Tzu-Wei Lin, Tahai Isliduan 林子偉 2B, 3B, SS, OF Long Island Ducks
Hu Chin-Lung 胡金龍 OF, 2B Uni Lions
Lin Shu-Yi 林書逸 OF Chinatrust Brothers
Cheng Chin 成晉 OF Rakuten Monkeys
Pan Chieh-Kai 潘傑楷 3B Uni Lions
Kuo-Chen Fan 范國宸 1B Fubon Guardians

Pitchers:

Name Hanji Position Team
Huang Wei-Chieh 黃暐傑 SP Sacramento River Cats
Liu Chih-Jung, Cudjui Taljimahaw 劉致榮 SP Portland Sea Dogs
Teng Kai-Wei 鄧愷威 SP Richmond Flying Squirrels
Huang Tzu-Peng 黃子鵬 SP Rakuten Monkeys
Hu Chih-Wei 胡智為 SP Uni Lions
Wu Che-Yuan 吳哲源 SP Chinatrust Brothers
Kou Yu-Cheng 郭郁政 SP Wei Chuan Dragons
Chen Shih-Peng 陳仕朋 SP Fubon Guardians
Lin Tzu-Yu 林子昱 SP Wei Chuan Dragons
Lu Yen-Ching 呂彥青 RP Chinatrust Brothers
Chen Yun-Wen 陳韻文 RP Uni Lions
Hsu Chun-Yang 許峻暘 RP Rakuten Monkeys
Wang Yu-Pu 王玉譜 RP Wei Chuan Dragons
2 Likes

Thanks for putting together that list. Good to know Taiwan didn’t wait until the last minute before choosing a coach. Japan and Korea choose them two years in advance.

Kudos to them for reaching out to Taiwanese-Americans about playing. Whether they say yes is uncertain, but good job on 棒協 for being proactive on that.

TBH, not much on the list I’m I’m excited about.

Hope Talkinahaw gets to play.

All the returnees have been disappointments in the CPBL.

They haven’t officially reached out, but the fans have been asking, and I think some reporters asked them. They didn’t exactly say no, but it wasn’t an overwhelming I definitely will go either.

This WBC is helmed by the Professional Baseball League, so that’s why it’s going to be a lot more smooth than the last one.

The list I put together didn’t include U18 and U23 players into consideration. There are probably some excellent candidates as well.

While most returnees in Fubon performed poorly over the lat couple of years, Giljegiljaw Kungkuan of the Dragons definitely is a power house, except for minor injuries hampering his performance post the all star game.

The biggest disappointment for me are the poor performance from Zhu Yu-hsien and Chen Chun-hsiu of the Rakuten Monkeys this year. They used to be consistent sluggers, but both under-performed this season. They still could be selected if the coaches believes they could return to form for the WBC, but I’m basing my choices solely on the output in the 2022 season.

Wang Po-Jung’s numbers this year in the NPB is even worse than previous years, which is pretty hard to look at. His swing now is completely unrecognizable. If the coaches pick him, they better have a way to get him out of his funk in a very short period of time. Wu Nien-ting of the Cebu Lions also regressed this year a little bit. Otherwise he could be a great choice at 2B or SS.

1 Like

I saw a meme on FB saying they reached out. See if I can find it.

1 Like

I would love to see Corbin Carroll and Stuart Fairchild on the squad. It would be nice if we could have some solid half-Taiwanese major league pitchers that could join as well…

1 Like

I had no idea Corbin Carroll was half-Taiwanese. He’s been doing pretty well for me on one of my fantasy teams.

2 Likes

Yu Chang will have to go to spring training so we can cross him off.

黃偉傑 I’m excited about the possibility.

胡金龍 is almost 40.

I would put people like 張少慶 and 王為中 (if healthy) in there even though they’ve been disappointments.

Boron played in ichigun and got a double in the last game. If he thinks it’ll benefit himself he should play.