⚾ Baseball | U-12 Baseball World Cup

Taiwan shocked Venezuela. Venezuela took both Mexico and Japan to the shed, and Taiwan squeaked by both those teams. It’s undefeated in the first round, so I expect them to be seeded first in the super round.

2 Likes

Game 1 was rained out and made up today. Taiwan should romp OZ in 4 innings later tonite. USA beat NZ 43-1 last week & CZE today 25-0. Hardly seems right.

1 Like

It was 13-0 after two innings. I left to work out after that.

Looks like it was slaughter-ruled after 4.

I’m disappointed in OZ. They’re not a baseball country but they are a sports powerhouse. It’s OK if they lose decisively to Taiwan, but their fundamentals are all off, making errors galore. They also lost to Germany, which is a headscratcher.

Listen to this lockerroom fodder from the Korean coach.

• I don’t want to play Taiwan
  • I know playing Korea is a big deal for Taiwan, but it’s not a big deal for Korea. Playing Japan is a big deal for us.

Facing The DR tonite @ 6:30. Top teams from each Group.
Then we’re up against the 3rd Place team from Group B tomorrow and finally the 2nd Place team on Saturday. The results from the 9 Super Group games will determine who will play for Gold and Bronze on Sunday. Should be a great finish if the rain doesn’t mess it all up.

1 Like

Solid 4-0 win over DR, aside from perpetual small ball idiocy.

Beat Korea tomorrow and lock up the silver.

Japan pitchers 2-hitting the USA in a 7-0 romp. Was surprised it was so one-sided.

1 Like

Having watched quite a few games and seeing plenty of player stats, I’ve noticed that nearly every player is listed as age 12. Shouldn’t the tourney therfore be titled 12 & U as opposed to U12?