⚾ Baseball | World Baseball Classic 2023

I was in DongGang (Pingtung) yesterday, if know the island just off the coast history, they are really Barbarians, would be called a genocide nowdays. Killed off the most of natives there in a barbaric way, enslaved the rest. Pretty much got rid of all aboriginal inhabitants there.

2 Likes

Just to be clear: I liked that post for its insights, not because I like killing and enslavement!

Guy

1 Like

understood! Donggang and area much nicer today, and in fact more multi ethnic than most of Taiwan (large non Taiwanese groups, mostly SE Asian but some Japanese with the Honda complex not too far away and Kao heavy industry (the real eco backbone of the area with decent wage jobs) other side the river. And to this topic, a land of baseball fields.

1 Like
1 Like

Mexico looks like will win.

Until it didn’t. :smile:

2 Likes

ahhh, my home team wins! I missed it, its travel day for me. Happy, happy ! When I left it looked like Mexico was going to win.

2 Likes

In that case, too bad you couldn’t watch the last full inning! It was such an exciting game! And Murakami finally broke out of his slump with the game winning hit. Shortly afterwards, one of the announcers said, “Good morning Murakami-san” (in Japanese of course).

2 Likes

what an exciting game! This final is shaping up to be epic.

1 Like

This has been an amazing WBC. I was really rooting for Mexico though, maybe that’s why they lost?

2 Likes

I guess for Shohei, National pride

1 Like

Yes, good game. Missed the final was on the aeroplane, wanting to see a Japan win.

Your right, it was an epic game! exciting

1 Like

Ohtani striking out Trout to end the game. So poetic!

3 Likes

As someone who also enjoys football (Eton rule), I am just going to say it. The 2023 WBC is better than the 2022 World Cup.

1. No FIFA. Win WBC.
  2. No slave labor. Win WBC.
  3. Every game was dramatic or fun. Win WBC.
  4. Someone whose day-job is an electrician one-upped the MVP of the entire tournament. Win WBC (When that Czech pitcher struck out Ohtani)
  5. No games went 0-0 or tied. Win WBC.
  6. Hottest cheer leaders. Win Taiwan.
  7. Dedication to the game. Win Ohtani. Unless Messi was both goal keeper and forward, I mean, Ohtani did it all.
  8. Thrilling conclusion. I mean, this one might be a tie, but only because Messi had been chasing after the cup for so long.

Say what you will about how boring 3-true outcome baseball is, I think it’s frigging fantastic.

6 Likes

Nice comparison

The baseball games were good, but got be ten times more people watching football. I see a lot more young people in Taiwan playing

Konnichiwa, I’m Lars Nootbaar and I hope to play for Japan some day.

2 Likes

The DR must be disappointed as it’s huge sport there.

7000 each game? I was at the first game, Cuba vs Netherlands, and I doubt there was even 4k in the stadium. That 7k must be ticket sales, not attendance.

1 Like