For those not geoblocked, game highlights in Mandarin
I can’t stop thinking about Costco everytime I see the Taiwanese jersey
MLB version of the highlights
Just wanted to point out, despite being a Monkeys fan, Wu Chhe-Yuan was in my very first Team Taiwan prediction from the start, and I never picked Tseng.
Word is Céspedes won’t be in the lineup for Cuba.
Change the pitcher already, WTF.
Yikes. Cuba 5-0. I’d be very surprised if Taiwan is able to come back. We have great batters and fielders, terrible pitchers… or at the very least, mismanaged ones.
EDIT: 6-0 … now it’s just becoming comical.
Will 2-2 be enough to advance?
Throw a fastball over the middle to a Chicago White Sox superstar. OKaaaaaaaaay.
The announcers don’t even know.
If Netherlands loses to Italy it’ll be chaos. 4 2-2 teams.
During Pool Play, each team plays the other four teams in its pool once each, and the teams with the two best records advance to the Quarterfinal Round. There are no tiebreaker games in the WBC. Instead, the team that won the head-to-head game holds the tiebreaker, and if there’s a massive tie between three or more teams, teams are ranked using this tiebreaker criteria until the tie is broken:
Lowest quotient of fewest runs allowed divided by the number of defensive outs recorded in games between the teams that are tied.2. Lowest quotient of fewest earned runs allowed divided by the number of defensive outs recorded in games between the teams that are tied.Highest batting average in games in that round between the teams tied.
Yeah I’m going to bed.
[討論] 昨天台荷戰裁判好壞球誤判統計
Someone went over the entire game.
The ump only had 1 inning when he made no errors calling strikes and balls.
Out of all his errors, the Netherlands gained advantage 13 times, and Taiwan gained advantage 6 times.
Watching that game at my local 7-11, I did think a number of times that the strike zone looked pretty flexible . . .
Guy
Cuban pitchers were dominant today. Even if Italy wins tonight, it’s down to comparing runs given per inning. Since Taiwan’s pitching never was able to keep the opponents at bay, it’s be really difficult for us to advance to the next round.
I just don’t know what the coach was thinking keeping pitchers who were bad fits for the opposing team… or just struggling/ burnt out… on the mound for so long. They had a real chance at advancing and kinda screwed themselves.
I need a picture of this. Sounds great!
The root problem to our woes is the dearth of pitching talent.
CPBL’s pitching level is much lower than its hitting level because the best pitchers play abroad (this is the same with all Asian countries, due to stereotypes). But now the 旅外 pitchers have all come home, and have been disappointments.
The Wang-Tsao-Kuo generation is over.
There seem to be more and more HSers who can hit 95 on the radar gun, so it’d be interesting to see how that goes.
There’s more to say, but I’m in mourning.
