šŸ€ Basketball | FIBA Basketball World Cup

Schroeder had a really bad game against Latvia, so he is probably going to be extra-motivated. Hope it will be a close game. Iā€™d prefer a final between one North-American team and one European whoever that might be.

A shame that Jokic is not playing for Serbia.

Latvia stun Italy

Awesome game between the US and Germany right now, high quality on both sides.

1 Like

What a nail biter that was

1 Like

USA lost! All Euro final

So happy with the outcome?

Oh well at least they get to meet for the 3rd place event.

As a German l am happy, but also because it was a really good collective performance by the Germans. Thought they would falter in the end when the US closed the gap to just three points. The difference might have just been that the Germans have played together much longer, including the last Euro. The US squad has many great players but seemingly no clear leader, Edwards, Brunson, Bridges, Haliburton etc. are all fine players, but none of them are superstars people can rally behind. So individual superiority was not able to beat a well functioning team of players with overall less quality.

2 Likes

Good, always nice to root for the home country! Is it a big thing in Germany, will there be big party/celebration if they win?

Yes though the US really canā€™t use that as an excuse as that was what the revamped national team format was supposed to take care of following 2006. It was a good game - Germany was simply too big. I thought this could be a problem from the outset and wondered why they constructed the team in that manner until I remembered that four of the top five big men in the world are from outside the US.

If you donā€™t care who wins and simply want to see good games both medal games should be really fun.

Great final game so far, Bogdanovic really sharp.

As close as it gets at halftime 47-47.

Avramovic is taking overā€¦

But not enough in the end.

Schrƶder MVP

Kleber looks like of like a bitch now for not playing for them due to personal conflict.

As for the US, this makes me look at Kerr differently now. Iā€™m not sure if heā€™s that great of a coach with his lineups. He copy and pasted his game plan for GSW and it was a disaster.

I actually hope teams watching this in the NBA saw that there are other ways to win besides small ball. And i love the whole small ball thing as a Dallas fan as Don Nelson was the pioneer of it for the NBA with Dallas. But itā€™s not the only way to win unless you get the greatest shooter of all time :man_shrugging:

Yeah, a lifetime opportunity gone for him. But whatever. He didnā€™t want to play injured last year, he wasnā€™t welcomed because of that this year. Not sure how he would have impacted team chemistry. He seems to be a good locker room guy, but then the German team without it him looks like a band of brothers.

Their coach is a strange one. The press conference after the game was weird. At one point he sipped from a can of San Miguel and said he loved the Philippines but wished they had better beer. San Miguel is one of the sponsors of the WC with their logos clearly shown on the wall behind him. Ouch.

This is not football, so I guess, some small celebrations here and there, thatā€™s it.

Itā€™s telling that the German football federation decided to fire their head coach during this final, surely grabbing the headlines in German media over the basketball WC win.

1 Like