BB Gun Laws

Howdy,
I’ve been in Taiwan since Christmas day visiting family. We were cleaning out my Grandpa’s old house when I found a super old BB gun that works through pumping air. It’s rusted and you can tell it’s old. I really want to take it back to America, being the Texan that I am, but I know Taiwan has really strict gun control laws.

Does anyone know if it’s legal to check a BB gun onto an international flight? I’ve read that firearms are illegal to have and take out of Taiwan. I’m just not sure if BB gun is considered a firearm considering it doesn’t use gun powder. I don’t have BB’s and the rifle doesn’t have a case. It’s just folded, but no air is compressed in that position, in my suitcase. I plan on contacting customs tomorrow to get a little more info, but I thought I’d reach out to y’all first. This rifle WILL NOT be carried on, it’s going to be checked in. Thanks!

btw, I depart in a day!

pyramydair.com/blog/tag/anti … mechanism/ ← The rifle’s kinda like this, except it doesn’t have the fancy scopes and such. Also, mine’s super old and rusty.

In China, yes. I got arrested and charged.
In Taiwan, No if under 20 joules.

Controlling Guns, Ammunition and Knives Act: (law.moj.gov.tw/LawClass/LawConte … E=D0080047)

Paragraph 1 Guns: refers to artillery, shoulder-fired weapons, machine guns, sub-machine guns, cards handle guns, automatic rifles, ordinary rifles, carbines, pistols, pen guns, gas guns, tranquilizer guns, shotguns, air guns, spear guns and other emission metal or bullets [color=#FF0000]with lethal capability[/color], guns of all kinds.

Paragraph 2 ammunition: refers to all kinds of artillery guns used in the preceding paragraph, bullets and other types of lethal or destructive bombs, explosives.

Paragraph 3 Knives: refers to a samurai sword, cane ,double knives, knuckles, steel ( iron ) whips, flat drills, daggers (such as drawings cases each type) and other banned by the central authority, knifes not for legitimate use with lethal capability.

Before the entry of the first and second paragraphs of guns, ammunition, including its major component parts. But not for the composition of guns, ammunition purposes, unless guns, ammunition and main types of component parts are approved by the central authority .

[color=#FF0000]Meaning of lethal capibility[/color]: Guns loaded projectile, capable of firing the actual tests to projectile velocity measuring instrument at gunpoint in front of a meter measured translated launch after launch projectile velocity projectile kinetic energy per unit area of ​​20 J / cm or more. ( According to the Judicial Yuan Secretary-General of 11 June 1981 the Office of the Secretary Desk (b ) No. 06985 issued Interpretation : 78.6 Joule enough people lose the ability to fight ,[color=#FF0000] 20 Jcm can penetrate human flesh cause human injury, 24 joules / cm can be entered into the swine flesh layer.[/color])

Thanks a lot! I got back to the states last night and didn’t take the gun. I asked the security and she said if it’s for decoration, bring it next time the day of, and she’ll let it go through. It doesn’t have to be in a case, it just can’t be carried on. She also said it can’t have bullets.

The revised law regulates all types of firearms, ammunition and other gear to enhance the traceability of non-standard firearms.

Public use of a non-standard firearm comes with a jail sentence of between five and 12 years and a fine of up to NT$10 million.

Those who manufacture, sell, transport, or transfer imitation guns can face up to seven years in jail and a fine of up to NT$7 million, and those who manufacture, sell, or transport parts of imitation guns without approval can be fined between NT$1 million and NT$10 million.

Non-standard guns are considered firearms that are produced by factories that are not legally licensed by the government, and include modified guns.

Imitation guns are defined as a device resembling a real gun in terms of its exterior, structure and the materials used to produce it, and that can be altered into a real gun.