BBQ in apartment's balcony

I am thinking about inviting some friends for a BBQ in my apartment, I have a big balcony and a small grill, but some friends told me that in Taiwan no one can’t BBQ in the apartment’s balcony. It is prohibited by law. But from what I can remember, during the Fall/Moon Festival many of my neighbors were doing the BBQ in the balconies and no one mentioned anything about laws.

do it the Taiwan way. everything is legal until shown otherwise by someone in authority (even then argue the toss until just before they slap you with a fine or walk away frustrated).

in the special day. can do that

burn some ghost money in the stairwell and it will hide the smell of the balcony bbq. It will also keep the ghosts happy.

win-win. :wink:

What’s “the special day”?

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”]burn some ghost money in the stairwell and it will hide the smell of the balcony bbq. It will also keep the ghosts happy.

win-win. :wink:[/quote]
Speaking of which, what is the best incense to use for ghost appeasement or exorcism?

like the Moon Festival
If my memory was correct…our government have allowed to have BBQ on the moon festival
but,actually,we are always have BBQ under bridge in the general day . uncertain special day
i know that a little complex …but ,maybe, have BBQ in the general day is okay.

[quote=“IdeaRat”][quote=“Charlie Phillips”]burn some ghost money in the stairwell and it will hide the smell of the balcony bbq. It will also keep the ghosts happy.

Speaking of which, what is the best incense to use for ghost appeasement or exorcism?[/quote]

Sage is generally used to dispel bad entities. Depends on the spirit though.

its fine - we do it all the time :slight_smile: Enjoy!

We also always BBQ on my friends balcony, on my balcony. Nobody cares.
Everything is illegal in the country but nothing is enforced. Swimming down at Jhunan Illegal, but theres a lifeguard and a surfboard club and shop.
Driving a scooter with 3 people, illegal.
Teaching in a kindergarten, illegal.

[quote=“vivi183183”]like the Moon Festival
If my memory was correct…our government have allowed to have BBQ on the moon festival
but,actually,we are always have BBQ under bridge in the general day . uncertain special day
I know that a little complex …but ,maybe, have BBQ in the general day is okay.[/quote]

There’s your answer, OP. If anyone complains about your illegal barbecuing on the balcony, just take it all and continue under the nearest bridge. It’s also illegal but no one will ever stop you - and bonus! - you can just throw all your garbage in the river or leave it there to blow away like the locals do.

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”]burn some ghost money in the stairwell and it will hide the smell of the balcony bbq. It will also keep the ghosts happy.

I’d laugh at this one but that is one of the things i FUCKING HATE! we live on the top floor so every time the silly twats decided to have a bonfire in the stairwell our apt fills with smoke…