🏖 Vacation - Beach Vacation Recommendations?

If you’re still in the UK, look to heading to the Caribbean, some reasonable flights via Amsterdam.

1 Like

I’m in Tenerife right now. It’s pretty damn quiet.

4 Likes

There’s plenty of non party spots in Greece.

Thessaloniki on the mainland will be quiet, but Greece isnt really beach hot right now. Sicily is also quiet right now but the weather sucks.

Check out La Gomera, just off Tenerife, if you want quiet beaches etc and great weather. Also, theres minimal faff with covid guff if you fly direct to the Canaries.

3 Likes

My Tenerife experience is about a quarter of a century old, but if it’s still the case go to the bit of Tenerife where the Germans go. Don’t go where the Brits go if you want peace and quiet.

After looking at where I can do without the vaccine, I think we will go to Croatia.

1 Like

Ah, yes that makes a massive difference to your options.

My last one was too. Once you are out of Los Cristianos, Tenerife is a wonderful island. I’m up in the mountains, it’s beautiful and cheap as chips.

1 Like

How cheap?

Oh - that’s a pretty important condition.

I assume you’ve looked at pages like these:

1 Like

A beer is one euro (about 90p). That’s all one needs to know. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes my man and let’s say numbers are down

1 Like

Bali is loud and dirty… palau is figgen amazing, an ally of taiwan and has great deals from taiwan (cause we bribe them so much). Avoid the nastiness of overcrowded beach places like bali (cebu, phuket etc etc).

Ah. Hope you’re shut out from everywhere then.

What does that mean?

Yes, it’s why we picked Croatia :croatia:

1 Like

Harsh.

1 Like

Europe-wise, I agree with @Andrew 's recommendations depending on when you are planning to go. If you are looking at March/April, I would say Capo Verde or the Canary islands because the weather there is sub-tropical. I loved Lanzarote. Greece before May is still too cold, although if you are British you might have a different perspective on that :rofl: :rofl: Greece has hundreds of quiet islands, just avoid Mykonos and Santorini. Crete is big enough to rent a car and go on a road trip to avoid the crowds.

2 Likes

Not really. Just good public health policy. As most destinations have decided.

Djokovic may disagree but who cares.

I’ve been to Gran Canaria and La Palma, and if @Andrew0409 wants to get away from it all, I’d recommend either of those (as opposed to, say, Lanzarote or Tenerife). Quaint villages, nice food, clean beaches, and clean air. You’ll need to hire a motorcycle, though, or you’ll be kinda stuck.

EDIT: Crikey. I just went to YouTube to see what La Palma is like today, and apparently they’ve just had a whole bunch of earthquakes that have got people worrying about an eruption. So maybe not a great idea for a beach holiday right now.

1 Like