Bear's Timberland Tea House?

The last time I was in Taipei(about 2 years ago) I found this cool little tea house off of Chung Siao East road I believe(one block to the north?).

Anyway it was called Bear’s Timberland or just Timberland if memory serves me correctly. Cute little place. It was kinda hidden by ivy i think. Inside was decorated mostly in wood. Looked like a dolls house with little stuffed bears and crafts for sale all over the place.

Really nice ambiance and the teas and service were great. Not a high volume place. I think only one person or two were ever working at one time.

Does anyone know the one I’m talking about?

I much prefer the little mom & pop places to the big chains like Starbucks that seem to be taking over the world with their cookie cutter look and total lack of personality. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know that place, it’s still there, they have great herbal teas and the boss and I had enough of each others language to chat about the teas, he knows his stuff.

The thing is there are HUNDREDS of places like that in Taipei. But no one stop shop to find them all. The magazine “Here” has good reviews on sweet places, but all in chinese, but you can get the addresses from it. Most of them have a picture!

Shooiz

[quote=“shooiz”]I know that place, it’s still there, they have great herbal teas and the boss and I had enough of each others language to chat about the teas, he knows his stuff.

The thing is there are HUNDREDS of places like that in Taipei. But no one stop shop to find them all. The magazine “Here” has good reviews on sweet places, but all in Chinese, but you can get the addresses from it. Most of them have a picture!

Shooiz[/quote]

There’s a little English booklet at MRT stations that list about a hundred tea and coffee shops in the city (all within walking distance of stations). There’s also my thread on tea houses in Maokong. I list about ten of the best places.