Bedbug Thread

All kinds of bugs to worry about, now in the bed, should I stop in paris to visit a friend

If I had do that much work for something to eat, I would choose something else.

I think this is a social/tourist “attack” - in other words, fake news cooked up on the internet.
France hasn’t found any evidence of any so-called outbreak.

Yes nothing to see here, they are not bugs just annoying pets :wink:

1 Like

How come now we’re talking about bed bugs?

1 Like

A very fair point. You get regularly pulled up for doing similar in threads.

Flag it! Let’s have a bed bug thread.

2 Likes

What about cat bug thread?

You could start one. I’m not sure what it’s about.

It’s a bug, that looks like cats…

1 Like

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to make salmon safe to eat raw

Nice, recommendation. I will have visit if I have time in Taipei!

any links?

2 Likes

Quotes above from your article, they are saying no increase and the transport companies are saying they haven’t found any on their trains,
But then it says

after your article was posted there is another one from routers

Government officials were holding an emergency meeting on Friday on how to tackle a crisis borne out of anecdote and viral posts on social media and which is now filling talkshow airtime - even if pest-control experts remain largely nonplussed.

Leftist lawmaker Mathilde Panot took a vial she said contained bedbugs into parliament. She told Prime Minster Elisabeth Borne bedbugs were everywhere and she lambasted the government for inaction.

“Madame prime minister, these little insects are spreading despair in our country. Do we need to wait for Matignon (PM’s office) to become infested before you act,” Panot said.

“Of course we have more bedbugs than before, like every big city in the world,” said Nicolas Roux de Bezieux, co-founder of pest control consultancy Badbugs. “But it’s not the explosion you would think when watching television.”

So it looks like the government are taking it seriously as they had an emergence meeting about it.

But don’t worry they are also coming to the uk for a holiday

and a cute dog to finish.

1 Like

They’ve been here, there, almost everywhere. Go back to the 00’s and 10’s and see how much fun they had hanging out in :star::star::star::star::star: hotels, on planes, on trains, with the Clintons, at the UN Building in NY, at this or that famous company’s head office, etc. etc. etc…

So it’s really no stretch at all to imagine them going to the Olypmics. Just sayin’.

I don’t recall what the timeline is for freezing them to death, but heat is pretty quick if you get whatever object you’re cooking uniformly to the right temperature. They sell special little ovens for the purpose on the interwebs.

I remember they were annoyingly common in Australia.