Been super depressed and losing sleep because of probably contracting an STD (HPV). Need help!

I have done all of the STD test and the report came out all negative. However, the one I’m very worried about is HPV (high risk).

I have heard there are several tests in which the doctors can examine you though not very accurate. One is the oral swab test and the other is an oral gargle test which I believe you use a saline solution. Apparently, the latter is more accurate but I haven’t come across a clinic which provides this gargle test.

I don’t mind having to travel to other cities just to get tested if a clinic or hospital provides an oral gargle test.

Please help me… Do any of you know any place that provides this type of test? If I recalled correctly, Brian Uro (in Banqiao) doesn’t do oral gargle.

Thank you and hope to hear from you.

Fuck’s sake man. You have no symptoms. Also most people contract HPV at some point in their lives.

It’s highly unlikely you’d contract it from a fleeting contact. Get a grip.

4 Likes

I didn’t think there was a test for oral HPV. Virtually anyone who’s a muff diver has it. Little to worry about unless you get some symptoms in a couple of decades.

2 Likes

Sorry, don’t have an answer, but someone will.
Try not to get too depressed. Life throws all kinds of curveballs at a person. It’s how you deal with them that determines your soul deep inside.

This.

@prayhope, I know it sounds horrible, but it’s not that different from any other disease really. Yeah, because they are transmitted by skin contact and dicks and pussies are meant to be rubbed , so that’s a problem, but HPV is not going to kill you, not without warnings at least!

There are test for HPV, but I think you have to have symptoms. If there aren’t any, then it’s not even going to be dangerous.

Maybe you can tell us why you are especially concerned about HPV, and the high risk varieties in specific?

that part was deleted already.

The HPV 51 strain bit could have been useful. For the tiny number of oral cancers HPV 16 is the main cause.

Doesn’t like 70% of the population have HPV?

I think your biggest issue is hypochondria, not STDs

4 Likes

Or more, but the so called “high risk” strains are actually a big concern, for they can end up provoking cancer, especially in ladies.

I think most germane and tangential points have been covered here. Please stick to answering the OP’s query please or I’m likely to remove it.

I recommend the Community Center for your depression. For insomnia, you can refer to this thread.

Good luck, my friend!

1 Like

I’m not too deeply concerned if it was a low risk strain. But it’s a high risk strain which is strain 51.

High risk strain isn’t supposed to show any symptoms which is why most people who are healthy suddenly become sick because they have something in the throat. If you can detect it early then it’s better.

That being said, I am feeling better but this is something that I would like to determine whether my body has it or not. I appreciate the emotional support but I need to find out what hospitals or clinics provide oral gargle test for HPV. Thank you so much.

sorry, what strain are you talking about? because I read your post and you say that all the tests you’ve taken came back negative. Or maybe mods and admins have done a great job moderating this thread again/

It isn’t a high risk strain for neck and head cancers. I’d be more concerned about herpes given the means of transition.

there’s a lab in Nanjing road where hospitals send their samples. I could do some research if you want, but your best options are to go to a BIG hospital, like for example Taita university hospital.

Hpv strain 51. When I mean other STDs, I meant chalymdia, sypillis, gonorrhea, hsv-1&2 herpes, HIV, etc… These are all tested negative.

And thank you for helping me search.

But WHY are you concerned about having this???

How old are you?

Your fine my dude. Errrbody got HPV. Just keep your immune system strong and you’ll probably never know it’s there.

First post, best post.
You need to relax. Hypochondria levels are critically high with you. There’s endless stuff that a hypochondriac can worry about in Taiwan from the AQI, drinking water quality, food safety quality, building safety, traffic safety/laws and some of the “hospitals” and “doctors” here.

Taiwan isnt the place for someone who worries about shit all the time. You literally won’t make it here if your like that. Turn off your brain and relax my dude.

I have read journals online where high risks strain such as 51 causes cancer not just the cervix but also the neck/oral regions. I realize that strain 16 and 18 are the most dangerous ones as they cause the majority of these cancer related cases.

I’m worried because I don’t want it to affect my health and others.

But why do you think you may have it?