Belgian Pie is closing at the end of the month

I hope you didn’t ride there!

HG

A great deal of good eating was had at BP’s this afternoon.

Smellthemitten has some Belgian bread

jdson and the dead shirt

The boys; their beers

jdspouse and the wall of bread

The whole group

Thanks BP!

:bravo: :bravo:

Looks like you guys had a great time, jdsmith! I’m looking forward to our visit tomorrow.

What time did you guys leave?

I got there around 6.20pm after a great ride up the gorge to the niewan campsite and back. Musta just missed you.

The Rats arrived just after 7 too.

Wow! Wonderful food. The lamb burger was outstanding… and was enough to eat for the entire day.

The beers were delicious… especially the 10 tear old bottle of Pater Corsendonk:

I’m very happy that I finally got out there for the excellent food and warm hospitality extended by BP. I will be looking forward to learning what BP’s next venture might be!

Great seeing JDSfamily and STGfamily, as always. Sorry that I missed seeing those of you who stopped by later. But, my boy had to study and I had to go help at the store. Just returned.

Old. Tired.

Did I mention the desserts? Mmmmmm… :slight_smile: Orange and cranberry pie…!!!

The Wall of Bread… :sunglasses:

Tigerman is that you and your son in those pictures?

You guys should patent that hand on the hip thing.

It is.

Trademarked! He’s like a copy of me, only much smarter and better looking.

Belgian Pie,

Thanks for a great time yesterday. As a regular at the Belgian Kitchen over the past year or so, I say from the heart that your place will be sorely missed. I have a dream, though. I see a wall lined with dozens of varieties of bread and cases filled with fresh baked pies and Belgian chocolate brownies. Along the opposite wall? Rows of refrigerators stocked with a few hundred beers and ladders behind the bar so the staff have easy access to the glasses. Upstairs on the second floor, the courteous staff are weaving between tables packed with people enjoying the best burgers and goulash and beef stew and pasta they’ve ever had (not to mention all the stuff on the new menu). Somewhere up on the third floor, the head chef is taking a moment out to chat with some old friends. Oh yeah, and he’s showing us a photo of his new yacht.

Till then, some more photos. Taken under the influence.

not a guarantee of a visit, but if i can convince the wife to make it on this final day, what time will you be open until?

Until 9:00 PM

That’s a beautiful dream.

:beer:

:pray:

Thank you guys for the kind words.
I’m still thinking about my next move being moving physically into Taipei or something.
There have been talks with several parties but nothing concrete yet, I’ll keep you posted.

So this was the final weekend here, nothing magically happend that turned back the clock.

We’ll be open to get rid off final food supplies Wednesday and Thursday and after that I guess I’ll have to eat all that’s left myself :banana: :nyah:

That’s a beautiful dream.

:beer:

:pray:[/quote]

One can definitely see he’s dreaming :laughing:

sorry we didn’t make it. all the best in future endeavors …

Never made it out to Belgian Pie, but I wish you the best with all your future plans. (I hope that this might mean something in Taipei.)

Onward and upward.

[quote=“fee”]Never made it out to Belgian Pie, but I wish you the best with all your future plans. (I hope that this might mean something in Taipei.)

Onward and upward.[/quote]

What fee said.

I also hope this might mean something in Taipei. Your place sounded great but for a lazy guy like me your location seemed a bit inconvenient.

I really hope I get a chance to try your food in the future. Best of Luck!

Boy, do I have my eye on that young man.

Tigerman, your son has “pulling guard for Pitt” written all over his (seriously) sober mug, he looks that aggressive. In fact, I’ll give you defensive tackle, he looks that smart. Well done…you sure the UPS guy didn’t get around your place c.a.1992 or so?!? :laughing:

That’s just a great, great pic, and the envy of any American father anywhere (absolutely no doubt); it oozes leadership.

Outstanding-looking male progeny, Tigerman and jdsmith both (jdsmith, your son is surely gonna slay the ladies, he’s got lady-killer written all over that mug!).

Congratulations to you both! :America:

Belgian pie, best of luck (your daughter is quite beautiful!). I once busted a 401k and the capital gains I made on a house sale on a human-capital investment (mine), which did not work out as planned. Keep yer head up, though, it can be overcome.

Best of luck all, very best.