Benadryl

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy some Benadryl? One pharmacist had no idea what I was talking about. Is it maybe under a different name here? Thanks.

You could try asking for diphenhydramine.

1 Like

Mmm, maybe look for larger pharmacies. I’ve found most allergy medications OTC easy here, no problem. Of course, better stick to large/known ones, like Shanghai Pharmacy, or Tianmu Pharmacy.

Just reviving this post, as I’ve had a serious allergic reaction to some shrimp I ate and the 3 different antihistamines that were recommended by the local pharmacy, or from the emergency room at TzuChi Hospital, have so far been ineffective.

I’ve not been able to find Benadryl, or diphenhydramine. Has anyone found either in Taiwan?

Nope, all imported. Clorotrimetron, Zyrtec, you name it, they got it. But nope, none of the strong stuff.

Hopsital stuff, I think, it’s generic of lower dose. I’ve been lucky buying higher dosage pills in pharmacies.

Diphenhydramine HCl is marketed as a “sleep aid” in Cosmed and Watson’s. Look near their liver pills for boxes with moons and stars. There’s a brand called Buhmin at Cosmed that’s about 180NT a box for ten pills. Standard benadryl dosages are 25mg/pill, and these are 50mg, so if necessary you could open the capsule and take half. There are two other brands I know of too, just check the ingredients before you buy. :slight_smile:

:notworthy:

Thank you. I will check today. That’s great news. This Allegra, the crap they’re giving me at the hospital, just isn’t cutting it.

thanks. I was able to find two different brands of Benadryl.

不民 - buhmin
yecoan

Does this stuff knock you out?

Will make most people drowsy but tends to leave you feeling shitty, unrested and parched the next day.

I tried taking one third ~15 mg for sinus blockage. open tab in sink, the white part has about a third. flush the unused portion, swallow pill . try not to get on tongue as it is caustic. I may end up importing a solution.

Diphenhydramine is cheap and easy to get.
If not in stock, order from their drug book.

It has a long half life, up to 13.5 hours, so take it early, or you will be groggy the next day. I take mine before 8 pm, which helps me sleep.

https://info.fda.gov.tw/MLMS/H0001D.aspx?Type=Lic&LicId=51058306

"Another drug class people don’t realize may undermine brain health is antihistamines. They are commonly used to treat allergies and are generally safe. However, one of these drugs, Benadryl (diphenhydramine), is commonly used in over-the-counter sleep agents. Taking an over-the-counter sleep aid with diphenhydramine once in a while is generally not going to cause problems, other than a possible hangover the next day.

Older people, however, can get confused when taking diphenhydramine because it also blocks a brain chemical called acetylcholine, which plays a big role in attention and short-term memory. Taking diphenhydramine over a long period of time can actually predispose people to dementia. You should be careful not to use these types of medicines all the time in order to get good sleep."

I would be very sceptical about using it, have you tried melatonin?

Could you please dm me i dont know how to on this website i want to ask about over the counter test

I think it’s illegal in Taiwan.

I find benedryl to have much shorter half life compared to Zyrtec. Zyrtec takes FOREVER (as in 6 hours or more) to take effect but once it does your next day (and possibly half day after) will be you wanting to sleep all the time.

Benedryl takes effect in about 2 hours and lasts about 10-12 hours after that.

Should be possible to get a prescription, if it’s illegal to sell without.