Bessie Byer vs Snapple

Snapple no longer seems to be available in Taiwan. Instead there’s Bessie Byer which tastes just like Snapple in a very similar-looking bottle. By the way, it’s offered at the same price. Is this another Subway/Subber story ?

Actually, I prefer Bessie Byer - it tastes more natural.

Probably isn’t though. :s

Contact Snapple and ask them.

snapple.com/index.asp?Pageid … ontentid=4

Years ago I needed nutritional info about some of their products and they were very helpful.

wretch.cc/blog/applecat321&a … id=2991253

Can anyone translate that?

Something about how a Subway she used to go to became a Subber. She felt like she’s eating at a counterfeit Subway. But she likes it anyways and goes there every Saturday morning.

And on this particular day she asked for a Snapple and found out that they only have Bessie Byer now.

I used to sell Snapple in my restaurant, but the company that imported snapple is no longer able to do so. I never got a real reason why, they just don’t. So now they sell and distribute the Bessie Byer, which is not bad, but it comes in a smaller bottle and they don’t have fruit teas. So I switched to Tazo.

I got the following mail back from BABI, the former distributor of Snapple in Taiwan. I also wrote to the Snapple company in the U.S. to their customer service but got no reply. So still don’t know if the distributor’s explanation is the whole story.

Subject: Re: Mail from the BABI website

Dear V Wu,
we are not the distributor of Snapple in Taiwan because the Snapple Company has taken back the exclusive right. The reason is that the Snapple company has been merged by other American company and it hasn’t transfered the exlusive right to other Taiwan company. We’re out of the inventory with Snapple products, except for the Peach flavor that we still have many stock. Besides, we have imported another brand called “bessie byer” from Newjersy to replace Snapple. The flavors, which include tropical juice, strawberry lamonade juice, pomgranate berry juice, peach fruit tea, and raspberry tea, are very great as well. If you are interested in these new items, please kindly tell us that you want to try these new items. Further questions please call 02-23918666

Sincerely,
BABI Marketing Team

I saw Snapple Today!
And it was cheeeeeap!
On sale for 29nt, down from 49!
It’s at RTMart, and they have a range of flavors, including my favorite, Kiwi Strawberry!
Yeah Baby! Good times are here again!

[quote=“Josefus”]I saw Snapple Today!
And it was cheeeeeap!
On sale for 29nt, down from 49!
It’s at RTMart, and they have a range of flavors, including my favorite, Kiwi Strawberry!
Yeah Baby! Good times are here again![/quote]

You’re my hero. I’m going to see if they have it at either of the RT Marts in Hsinchu.