Best BlackForest cake in Taiwan

Preferably Taipei or Hsinchu, but others might also work. Please suggest the best one you’ve tried so far :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes.

There is a German baker is Miaoli City. I think her name is Sophia.

Good thread topic!

The “best” BlackForest cake eludes me, but I can recommend the similar quality work of Prague Honey (布拉格的調色盤) located in the B1 level of Global Mall directly inside Banqiao Station (convenient for HSR, TRA, and MRT Blue Line and Yellow Circular Line). They also apparently have a branch in Taichung and in cities in the South, though I have not visited those branches.

More details about this solid and reasonably priced shop here:

Addendum: On google maps, the Banqiao branch is listed as 布拉格的調色盤-板橋店 新北伴手禮 板橋伴手禮 板橋彌月蛋糕 板橋蜂蜜蛋糕 板橋生日蛋糕 板橋蛋糕推薦!

A shoutout to @Nomad4ever , someone who knows a thing or two about good food, for showing me this place.

Guy

5 Likes

Why would anyone want to eat Black Forest cake? :thinking:

Google search with those keywords didn’t yield meaningful results. Any links for this person?

Just saw the picture once when I was there.

Found this, her name is actually Sally.

2 Likes

They are great when the chocolate is really bitter and the cherry filling is full of liquor.

Best I had was at the Taipei Sheraton. But I’ve only ever seen it there once disappointingly.

2 Likes

A decent bet might be the Austrian “Kaffee (sic) Amadeus” in Taipei sogo zhongxiao fuxing.

I have not tried the black forest there, and am not even sure if they make it. Maybe better call to check. Their Sacher cake and Apfelstrudel are quite good, so maybe they won’t mess up other Austrian/German cakes either.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, she has a fixed menu and Blackforest cake isn’t on it :cry:

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, Sophia has a fixed menu (no custom orders) and Blackforest cake isn’t on it :cry:

1 Like

If you do give Prague Honey a try (again, not exactly Black Forest but something in the neighbourhood), keep in mind their cakes are light and easily consumed, especially with nice tea or coffee. Buy roughly double what you think you need—and that will be pretty much what you will eat! :yum:

Guy

1 Like

Thanks - I’m looking for exactly Blackforest actually so I’ll keep trying. I did look at Prague Honey’s menu and they look scrumptious, will try one of their other offerings sometime :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It says seasonal, maybe call. I did not try it so no review.

This cake is pretty nice…

1 Like

Sorry if it’s already too late, but I saw that my local Cama ( next to Xindian dsitrict office MRT) had Black Forest cake:

If you need the full cake, maybe you can ask them about their provider.

3 Likes

As Louisa Coffee has roared ahead in gabbing market share, it’s been interesting to see shops such as Cama try to up their game. I have no idea if those desserts taste good, but it does look like they are trying harder to impress.

Guy

2 Likes

I don’t think Lutetia came up here

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/costco-thread-2022/215296/503