Best cleaning solution for Taiwan house floor tiles?

I occasionally see videos online of people using miracle cleaning solutions to clean their floor tiles, I am looking for some miracle cleaning solution to clean off decades of dirt from floor tiles in our new place. Any recommendations?

If you have no furniture and have floor drains of some sort or a wet vac I recommend washing powder! Dampen down the floor, liberally sprinkle powder and then scrub with a stiff brush. Rinse with large amounts of water and more scrubbing. if that’s not an option then consider renting a large steam cleaner.

1 Like

Yes this is my situation now :slight_smile:

1 Like

This works well

1 Like

muratic acid works really well for bathroom like tiles, it gets any grime off easily. Just be careful with it and make sure place is well ventilated, it releases some nasty gases. Oh and also know that anything metallic will probably rust around the stuff.

I used a power jet spray. I bought compressor with twin cylinders and a 40 litre tank. So just attach a spray gun with water bleach mixture. When I bought my place the bathrooms and floors had decades of mold. Came in handy for spray painting as well as have a tyre pressure gauge. Sometimes get people in the village who need to pump up a scooter or car tyre.

Yet another utterly incorrect “fact” :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: Muratic acid is actually used to remove iron rust, it will then dissolve the remaining good metal given enough time. It also can react violently with some other metals, such as aluminum. In basic terms it’s dilute hydrochloric acid so not something you want to be using large scale in your home, if at all really.

The acid itself might be good for removing rust, but the gas it gives off definitely rusts almost any iron/steel it touches. Don’t ask how I know.

It’s also great for fuming steel pieces for rust bluing.

Hot water, vinegar and dish soap, not those floor cleaning solutions. Two buckets, one for clean water, one for the dirty one.

I use the broom, vacuum cleaner, steam cleaner, wet mop, in that order.

3 Likes