Best Eats of Muzha?

Hi All,

I’m coming back to Taipei after being away since 2006. I’ll be living at Political University, and I never really got to know the Muzha district very well in the past.

So, can folks give me some info on their favorite eateries (and/or drinkeries) in Muzha? I’m particularly interested in breakfast and xiaochi, but I also eat at more expensive places sometimes.

Thanks for your tips!

Across the Street from NCCU, I love the Yunnan restaurant. Very reasonable prices (600-700NT) for a party of three. For more upscale eats. On the upscale side, there is a French restaurant and steak place by the wet market and Wenshan District municipal district building. The food is really good and a favorite of the political elite. You’re looking at about 4-8K for a party of three.

There is this traditional breakfast place, across the street from the Subway and supermarket. Their tuna dangping is to die for. It was the highlight of my Saturday classes.

We also used to get a small party of 4 or 5 and go to a traditional restaurant, Garden something, for lunch. Really nice stuff.

There is also a western steak place down the alley from the small temple at the campus entrance bridge.

The food is getting better in the area as time goes by, when I started going there we did not even have Starbucks and the most upscale thing was the Vietnamese and My Home Steak -by the way, avoid this last one if it is still there.

In case of emergency, the Zoo Mall is only a bike ride away…

+1. home to many a weekend breakfast.

1 Like

Any updates on this? I’ve been spending a lot more time on campus this year and am on the hunt for good restaurants. The food Seems much cheaper in general.

in the alley behind the post office. awesome gongbao chicken and very cheap

2 Likes

I make a stop here on my bike rides sometimes. Good coffee. You can enter from the riverside park or the street.

2 Likes

Wow this looks good

1 Like

A little far from campus but if I get there early for lunch I’ll give it a shot

They open at 1:00 p.m. so don’t go too early :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ahh, yes, would hate to have to serve that lunchtime rush. Animals that bunch! :smiley:

Will try this, thanks!

This tea house in Mao Kong.