Best free hotel breakfast buffet in Banqiao/Shulin New Taipei

My brother will soon come to visit me. He will stay in Banqiao, or Shulin New Taipei.

What hotel has a good free breakfast buffet in Banqiao or Shulin?

I think it will likely be somewhere in Banqiao as it is a nicer area than Shulin and Shulin seems to have only very basic hotels.

Thanks.

I am not aware of any free breakfast buffets. At the very least you have to be a room guest to get your breakfast included in the room rate.

2 Likes

Maybe you’ll get lucky here, but you’d be better off checking the reviews on sites like agoda.com or booking.com

Breakfast is usually included at Hiltons.

台北新板希爾頓酒店 Hilton Taipei Sinban
No. 88號, Minquan Road, Banqiao District, New Taipei City, 220
02 2958 3000
https://maps.app.goo.gl/V8yeiTS2ayDdLvGV9

Hotel Fun Linsen has a good buffet for the price not sure if that price range is what you have in mind though

Hotel buffets are shite these days, especially in Taipei. You can spend US$150+ a night and still only get a pot of shi fan, some grotty sliced bread and jam, builder’s coffee, and a few bits of fruit.

Frankly, I’d suggest you get room-only and bring your brother to a nearby cafe for breakfast. You’d need to send him to the Far Eastern or somewhere similar to get an even halfway decent buffet.

FWIW the Forward Hotel near Xinpu MRT isn’t bad, but IIRC the breakfast was only so-so.

In reality, complementary breakfasts are almost never actual free. They count it in and it’s almost always a bad deal. Including breakfasts is always a bad deal as well, they overcharge for what it is. I only get it if it’s the best option or only option.

2 Likes

just go to a brekfast place outside! they are always good.

1 Like

It’s nice to get breakfast without leaving the hotel though, if it’s a good deal. Some are

1 Like

Yeah, I sometimes want to eat first and go back and get ready for the day. Some places do have good breakfasts with lots of options.

1 Like

Actually I had what I thoughts was a pretty good buffet breakfast at the beauty beautique hotel in Tianmu.