Best Fridge?!

Deciding between Hitachi or everyone else, it seems Hitachi is the most expensive. Ideas?

I honestly have no idea wether or not there is a consensus about the “best fridge”.
For our new home we got a Panasonic, one of those models that are available at Tkec. It was on offer just a hair above 20k NT when we bought, due to the celebration of that store’s anniversary. So far 0 issues, the freezer compartment feels like the North Pole and the regular area is always nice and cold.

It has an energy saving function, but none of those programmable things that some “smart fridges” have, we’re happy to simply throw stuff inside it and call it a day.

Just make sure it’s a dc inverter (變頻). They are more expensive but they are way quiet and will save you money over the life of the fridge. I’m assuming you’re here for the long haul if you’re looking for the top of the line. The Hitachis seem to be pretty bad ass. Let us know what you decided upon. I’m about to kick my 15 year old energy guzzling Maytag to the curb.

Edit: typo

I oft like to think out the Box so will have my office call these people at 9AM, they make the fridges there and I think these will work out great.

http://www.ruey-shing.com.tw/showroom1.html

I want to buy a vertical freezer.

I know the big brands, but what about brands like TECO, HERAN, SANLUX, KOLIN, TATUNG and SAMPO.

Which brand is the best out of these?
Should I just buy Whirlpool/LG/Panasonic etc and spend some more money?

TECO, Tatung and Sampo are the big brands. Their stuff mostly works.

1 Like

Which is better in Taiwan, American or Japanese brands?

Doesn’t make too much difference. They’re all made in China or Vietnam anyway.