Best Gelato made in house in Taiwan

That was fast! Maybe not too surprising as they had a good crowd that day.

1 Like

To be honest I think 120 is still pretty fair

2 Likes

yeah, totally, especially when bloody haagen dazs at 7-11 costs not less than 150 for a stick…

I found a slightly more expensive, but very decent, chain called maccanti. It seems they r growing here, also from Italy. I already founds 2 shops: 1 in xinyi and one at the eslite mall in the sognshan cultural park. 2 big scoops 200NT. But very nice tbh.

1 Like

one scoop…too expensive

Isn’t it 120 for 2?

The shop in question—in the Beimen / lower Dadaocheng area of Taipei—will allow customers to choose two flavours in the cup. It is however in my view still a smallish cup, and I wanted to try the pistachio, so I stuck to one flavour in my order.

Guy

1 Like

Well, ur choice, but u can get 2 scoops for that price!

1 Like

Yes it was my choice! But watching how the cups were assembled, I would not quite describe it as “two scoops.” It was more like “up to two flavours” crammed into the cup.

Not that people appeared to be complaining. The place was packed.

Guy

2 Likes

Middle class single people don’t care about 120 ntd.
Family man BJ on the other hand starts doing his mental calculations.

Check out OPA Gelato in Taipei

1 Like

To do a proper comparison, I stopped by Zoca’s today to try a small bowl (this is truly one scoop) of his pistachio gelato. It is pricier (NT$130 for this one scoop) but it is also unambiguously better than the Beimen / Dadaocheng place: nuttier, creamier, more complex in just about every way.

And while I think it’s excellent food I agree with @Brianjones that this may not be the top choice for folks who are watching every NTD!

Guy

2 Likes

Nice place and good taste

1 Like

Also another good place, thanks for posting

1 Like