Best gym in Taipei?

Hi everyone.

We are relocating to Taipei from USA. I currently attend Lifetime Fitness where I attend Tabata, Barbell, Strictly Strength, Zumba, Pilates, Yoga (Hatha & Hot), FIT classes. Our gym has an indoor/outdoor swimming pool.

Is there such gym in Taipei? Where is the best gym (cost not a factor)?

I plan to find a gym first and then an apartment close by :-).

Thanks
Alice

FYI…I am licensed to teach Zumba, Zumba Gold, & Aqua Zumba.

I’ve been a member of True for a long time and I’d definitely say it’s the best gym to join in Taiwan if you’re looking for a comprehensive gym.

True Fitness is for weightlifting ( they also have yoga, dance, kickboxing, spin, all those specialty classes ) and it’s at Guting Station.

• They also opened a second location somewhere, but I haven’t been to it yet.

True Yoga is purely for Yoga, and the two main locations are Asia world ( Nan Jing station ) or Taipei City Hall station.

True Dance is for specific dance stuff and from what I hear they have everything from hip hop to ballroom dancing, both classes and actual clubs with competitions etc. It’s also conveniently located in the Dong Chu area.

So it sounds to me like you’d want to just get yourself an “all club” True membership and go nuts. That’s what I have and it’s great. True also has gyms in several other countries if you happen to travel a lot for business.

The closest all around gym for your needs might be Worlds Gym. They took over California Fitness (which is also owned by same company as 24hour fitness).

Otherwise, you gotta find Yoga studios which are scattered about.

California Fitness used to be good because it was owned by 24 fitness and you can use your US membership here for 2 months free at a time. Now it’s owned by World

California Fitness used to be good because it was owned by 24 fitness and you can use your US membership here for 2 months free at a time. Now it’s owned by World Gym. World Gym is the most convenient since they have many gyms at good locations. The price is too much for Taiwan. You’re basically paying US prices per month.

I think the best gyms in Taipei are the district sports centers. I can post the link for those later, but there is one in every district of the city, and they don’t require a membership. You can just pay 50 NT each time you show up and use them!

taipei543.com/2013/08/28/sport-centers/

Well we’re making a good effort at being the best. Bumper plates and olys allowed almost everywhere, advanced cardio equipment, monkey bars, a bouldering climbing wall, complete boxing and kickboxing area, medicine balls, battle ropes, infinity rope, olympic rings, plus a lot of fun classes and professional instructors.
Open Monday to Saturday 7AM-10PM
thecrew@o3-fitness.com
o3-fitness.com
(02)27032324
Cheers!

How’s your bouldering wall? I’d been looking for a decent place since I moved here and gave up.

If cash isn’t a problem go to World Gym in Taipei 101. The classes are not at the level selection wise that you will find back home, but this is likely as close as you will get.

For Yoga, shop around, my missus likes Space Yoga which is also centrally located.

My husband, teenager son and I go to Formosa Fitness. It’s an excellent gym, it has enough for a great workout and the trainers are very good. The price is very reasonable and is close (like 5 minutes walking distance) to Guting MRT Exit 8. They also have classes, Kettlebells, Strength Training and Olympic lifts I believe. I’m very pleased with the progress I made during my strength classes and really enjoying the one-on-one training as well. We attended recently a Strength Camp and is was very good. My son is in excellent physical condition and he felt challenge. My husband and I felt very challenged and learned a lot. It was wonderful.

I highly recommend Formosa Fitness and I’m convinced this is the best gym in Taipei.

Their physical address is
XiaMen St. Lane 25, #2, Taipei, Taiwan 106

Website
formosafitness.com/

Very humbled by your words and recommendation. Thank you and it’s for people like you that we do this. We’re honored to be training you and your family.

[quote=“xjones”]My husband, teenager son and I go to Formosa Fitness. It’s an excellent gym, it has enough for a great workout and the trainers are very good. The price is very reasonable and is close (like 5 minutes walking distance) to Guting MRT Exit 8. They also have classes, Kettlebells, Strength Training and Olympic lifts I believe. I’m very pleased with the progress I made during my strength classes and really enjoying the one-on-one training as well. We attended recently a Strength Camp and is was very good. My son is in excellent physical condition and he felt challenge. My husband and I felt very challenged and learned a lot. It was wonderful.

I highly recommend Formosa Fitness and I’m convinced this is the best gym in Taipei.

Their physical address is
XiaMen St. Lane 25, #2, Taipei, Taiwan 106

Website
formosafitness.com/[/quote]

Look for Taipei City Sports Centers. Recently the gov’t pushed for more facilities so there are lots of options for exercise.
I found one with a 50m pool, sauna, and a very large gym. Look for what is local to your area and then expand your
options a bit. Many facilities have only 25m pools which is a damper for those (me) that like to swim distance. Or some don’t
even have a sauna.

My favorites are ZhongZheng and DaAn Sports Centers. They aren’t just a gym like some places.

Xinyi one is now just 40nt!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I’m actually quite disappointed with World Gym. I have belonged to the one next to the Daan MRT station for several months now. The locker rooms are dirty. Some shower doors are clearly infested with mold. Some of the members actually use the hair dryers to blow dry their behinds. Of the months that I’ve belong to the club, the dumb bells have been organized all of once. I’m desperately looking for a new club. Help!!

Hey guys,
Does some of you know a gym in Xizhi, New Taipei City?
There is one government gym there near the Xizhi train station, but it’s under construction for more than a year, and there is one True Yoga in U-Town mall, which only offers yearly subscription and is a ripoff, more than 2k a month I believe. I just need some weights, no trainer, nothing fancy.

What brings World Gym down is the etiquette (or lack of it) of the members, and the staff refusal to do anything about it (or possibly lack of awareness that anything is wrong). Some of the members are absolute pigs re. hygiene in the locker rooms. A good fraction of them hog the machines or sit there doing nothing, or scatter weights everywhere. It really spoils the experience.

Otherwise, they’re not too bad for the price, but you do have to negotiate your price, which is a one-time pain in the ass. In the UK, they’d be a “bargain” gym: lowish price, good-to-middling equipment and facilities, but poor staff. I’d recommend World Gym to the OP as long as she has only modest expectations.

What brings World Gym down is the etiquette (or lack of it) of the members, and the staff refusal to do anything about it (or possibly lack of awareness that anything is wrong). Some of the members are absolute pigs re. hygiene in the locker rooms. A good fraction of them hog the machines or sit there doing nothing, or scatter weights everywhere. It really spoils the experience.

Otherwise, they’re not too bad for the price, but you do have to negotiate your price, which is a one-time pain in the ass. In the UK, they’d be a “bargain” gym: lowish price, good-to-middling equipment and facilities, but poor staff. I’d recommend World Gym to the OP as long as she has only modest expectations.[/quote]

Agreed. In the UK this would be like a LA Fitness chain i would say (are they even still around?). They have the equipment, location and pretty good price (once haggled) but the customers do not uphold great gym etiquette. The amount of times I’ve been annoyed because someone is machine hogging and candy crushing/selfies/having a good ol’ chat is ridiculous.

The personal trainers look like high school or fresh grads sometimes…not a walking advertisement of their occupation let’s just say.

Hi all,

PROBAR Taiwan is hosting a FREE Yoga event this Sunday 7/10 9am-11am at W Hotel 12thFloor FIT gym. We will have Certified Yoga instructor teaching at the top of the notch facility and space. This is a open event for everyone! Send us an email: Ashley@famorest.com so we can give out the invite cards! Forget about the crazy Typhoon because you will be in door with AC and free food and drinks!!

Come FUEL your body at FIT W Hotel Taipe!!

I’ve been going to O3, very clean. Offers lots of different classes as part of the membership such as MMA and Boxing classes. It also has weight. I hate running, so for me to get a hour of high intensity boxing session in intervals, it’s much better than running on the treadmill for a hour. Plus the movements are more explosive and activate more muscles. And after the class I usually lift weights. They keep a very good OPS on all things and is very sanitary. The showers there are nice too. It’s the only gym i’ve ever felt comfortable showering at.