Best non contract cell phone plans - mainly for data

Last year, I got a prepaid non contract Dageda sim…six months of unlimited data for $3500. It was $3000 including the sim for the first 6 months. They don’t really advertise it so you have to ask at the right shop. I think it was a tourist/student offer but using my passport and APRC was enough to get the sim.

1 Like

Signed up for circles.life and got it activated today. I’m getting 0.5 mbps download speed in the middle of Taipei… :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Sounds like circles life is probably getting either throttled by the carrier it roams on or the carrier is deprioritizing traffic on the reseller. (Based on that slow speed). More data points would tell the whole story

I’d get in touch with their customer service on app and try restarting data/phone or something. I’m getting 44.0 mbps down now.

Did you ever get problem solved? I’ve travelled all around Taiwan and get pretty consistent download and upload.

I’m satisfied with the coverage and speeds after having it a while. They told me that the place I was downtown had too many obstructions due to the highrises. Not a good excuse really but everywhere I’ve been since then has been fine.

1 Like