Best Online Service For Watching Soccer (EPL, La Liga, UEFA) on Apple TV

My son is soccer crazy and I’d like to be able to start watching some games with him so he can see how it’s supposed to be played, become a fan of a team, and deepen his interest. I am not interested in any illegal solution or solution of questionable moral decisions. Preferably the solution will have an app that works with Apple TV, but I’m open to other ways if they work well enough.

My initial desire was just to get all the games from the EPL just like I do for the NFL and MLB with a solution sold by the league. Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to exist. Now I’m looking at things like Fubo.tv and YouTubeTv but they are expensive and some services like these don’t work in Taiwan without a VPN.

I’ve been looking for an hour and so far I cannot find one option at all that doesn’t require a VPN. I have money. I want to spend it. Let me give you the money!

Eleven sports subscription is pretty cheap and covers the Premier League games. If you have cable the ElevenSports 1 and 2 are available on there as well.

I believe the Elta channel show Champions League matches, but of course, if live, it will be at some ungodly hour (I just watch those later on an online channel).

I see the Bundesliga getting shown on one of the Fox Sports channels on cable.

I am not sure about Apple TV as I don’t use it.

2 Likes

I just started looking into Eleven. The app will be a pain in the ass to get as it isn’t available in the US App Store, and I still can’t figure out how to get the streaming without the cable service, but it looks somewhat promising, if far worse than what I originally wanted.

OK, Eleven’s App is unusable. Do Taiwanese all have cable…or do they all just steal the streams? The latter makes sense as it seems impossible to do this legally.

What’s wrong with the App, I use it all the time on the phone and iPad.

We use Yangmingshan cable company, as it is the one of the ones that serves our area, but there are others. Plenty of people use the cable, and some use MOD but it doesn’t have the Eleven sports channel, but it does have ELTA I believe.

1 Like

I’m a casual soccer fan (truth be told I’m only a fan of the World Cup). I also own an older Apple TV (I think it’s a 3 gen; anyway, I am unable to control which apps I have and must depend on those supplied by Apple) (because of course they want me to upgrade :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ). So I don’t know exactly what you can and cannot get.

If you can get it, the best app is probably FOX Sports Go (Bundesliga, UEFA matches, and others likely including Italian and Spanish league matches).

Just as the GOP have always been the “serious” Americans in the room regarding US foreign policy, FOX Sports has always been the most passionate about bringing soccer to US sports fans. I would venture that if this app is available on your device then your son will be a happy camper.

Other American tv channels with similar commitment to soccer (if less than FOX) include NBCSports (afaik EPL is featured there) and MLS (strictly a pay-TV US league).

beinSports is another good soccer app, if it’s available to you. LaLiga and other Latin leagues are often featured there.

eta: you might find this link useful --> https://worldsoccertalk.com/where-to-find-soccer-on-us-tv-and-streaming/

If you’re having problems with the app just you can open the web page and stream from there, that’s what I generally do. You will not find a cheaper way to legally stream premier league games.

Yeah. Not the most/best user friendly app you can find but after a while you get used to it and it goes fine. And, yes, considering it covers the Premier League games it is a bargain ( there is no pre games, no pundit “analysis”, no this and that. Even though they are sometimes useless, I actually enjoy these extras as an enjoyable complementary part, especially when the guy’s talking has played for the team you love, or even better the team you HATE).

I don’t have cable and don’t want it. I just want to stream games. Also, the app on the ipad shows up in the shape of a phone on its side.

Fox, NBC, and Bein all require cable subscriptions to use. I don’t have a cable box … I just want to stream games and I’m willing to pay to do it.

Seems like Changhua on MOD is almost always showing a couple games but mostly Chinese commentary.

Right now showing replay of earlier Premier League CHE-MUN game and Chelsea-Man United replay.

I use Changhua for TV and internet.

The App itself seems to be designed for iphone so shows in a small window (I did ask them if they were doing one for ipad and they said they were but no sign of that yet), however when you tap to run the channel it goes to full screen mode.

1 Like

OK, I’ve given up on streaming and realized I just have to suck it up and get a cable service. I’ve been told Chunghwa MOD is the best for soccer. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Any advice for how to get games on demand, so I can watch the games the next day or so instead of at 3am?

You can hook up an external drive (SSD or HDD) directly to the box and record DVR style. I don’t remember it being too difficult to set up on my own but if you have one ready when the tech comes I’m sure they would set it up for you. There is no charge for the DVR service itself.

There’s an app that may let you watch some things on demand via a phone/tablet but I’ve never been bothered to mess with it. Maybe someone else here can shed some light on it.

I’ve been looking and there haven’t been any games on for a couple of months! - what’s going on?

Seriously, you have to feel sorry for the sportscasters-
“Okay, turning to the world of sports, here’s Johnny to fill you in.”
“Uh…”

1 Like