Best Pictures of Taiwan *WARNING*

After seeing three of you trying to beat one another with city-view pictures, I thought perhaps we could have a best picture thread. Post up your best or favourite picture of Taiwan that YOU have taken. It must be one that you took, or that you are in (ie. your partner took of you)…

Here’s my 2 favourites:

A little shrine-burning-thing somwhere on the coastal road in HuaLien…

The road going through Taroko…

Why the warning?

Perhaps he just knows that someone is going to start posting dodgy pics of bing lang mei

I can’t edit my last post.

From the East coast road to Hualian

Kenting Youth Centre

Taroko Water Spout

All old ones, unfortunately … I need to get out more …

exactly… and also for bandwidth~ people on slow connections will die with this thread~

Ditching work on a typhoon day.

Zen bridge on the back road from Shuang Xi.

Mother Nature showing her tits.

stray dog … that picture of the building (chiang kai shek memorial?) is beautiful~ is it photoshopped in any way? i’ve always had a lot of difficulty with lighting at night… the flash ruins the colours, and no flash needs a really steady hand (I should invest in a tripod I guess) and non-moving targets

x08: That’d be the Presidential Palace, located right there on Anti-Corruption Red Shirt Brigade OneEyed Square. Famous for its pot-plant representations of former leaders…

Night shots pretty much demand a tripod, and perhaps a cable release or a remote trigger to keep your shaky hands away, though it’s not so much of an issue if you shoot more than 1 second exposures. Experiment and you will ber amazed at hoew much light there actually is in the sky at tnight, especially in the cities. The colour varies a lot too, so some nights will have a very purple cast, others are pink and occassionally green. StrayDog’s excellent shot is probably not P’Shopped, but i may be wrong.

[quote=“urodacus”]x08: That’d be the Presidential Palace, located right there on Anti-Corruption Red Shirt Brigade OneEyed Square. Famous for its pot-plant representations of former leaders…

Night shots pretty much demand a tripod, and perhaps a cable release or a remote trigger to keep your shaky hands away, though it’s not so much of an issue if you shoot more than 1 second exposures. Experiment and you will ber amazed at hoew much light there actually is in the sky at tnight, especially in the cities. The colour varies a lot too, so some nights will have a very purple cast, others are pink and occassionally green. StrayDog’s excellent shot is probably not P’Shopped, but i may be wrong.[/quote]

You’re spot on. I took this pic and saved it to digital before I learned how to use Picasa or iPhoto to manipulate. It was taken with 35 mm film, tripod, cable, and I did bracket to find the best exposure.

I still use 35mm too… old skool all the way. (Well, not quite: i don’t coat my own glass negatives anymore, and i stopped using magnesium powder flashes a while ago when i burnt off my eyebrow)

But i am becoming sorely tempted to replace the OM4 with a DSLR. Now if only they could make them as small and tough as the OM4 i’d really be hooked.

Sorry, most of my good photos are in albums and not scanned for the web…

Sorry this is on its side :frowning:

Here is my favourite pic I took. I took it with the camera on my 750i Sony cell phone!

(try this one :slight_smile: Thanks to DB)

Arg. Where did the “how to post photos” post go?

Silly Chicken, why don’t you turn it rightside up? Irfanview is free and it can do that kind of thing. So can MS’s photo viewer and editor.

[quote]Here is my favourite pic I took. I took it with the camera on my 750i Sony cell phone!

Arg. Where did the “how to post photos” post go?[/quote]

It looks like you have it bracketed correctly, and as mod I can see that you haven’t disabled BBCode in your post. Maybe imagestation doesn’t let you hotlink? :idunno:

Here’s a copy of your pic reposted on ImageShack:

Well. I was playing around with and looking at free web hosts. Thanks for posting the pick and pointing me to ImageShack :slight_smile:

I figure if I am going to dive and take pictures I better lurn me what to do wit them eh.

I’ve been there! I love that place! Nice photo!

^^^cool shot.

Gorgeous place.

Stray Dog! Oh, my gosh, how beautiful you made the presidential palace! That’s really amazing.

On the northeast coast near Keelung. The lights in the centre of the photo are Jiufen. 15s exposure with the camera resting on a fence.

See it at flickr.

[quote=“Dragonbones”][quote]Here is my favourite pic I took. I took it with the camera on my 750i Sony cell phone!

Arg. Where did the “how to post photos” post go?[/quote]

It looks like you have it bracketed correctly, and as mod I can see that you haven’t disabled BBCode in your post. Maybe imagestation doesn’t let you hotlink? :idunno:[/quote]
The link which is bracketed with the IMG tags has to end on .jpg (or other formats like e.g. .gif, depending on the format).