Best platform to hire locals

cake resume, linkedin, yourator, 104, 1111…which one in your opinion, gives u the biggest bang for buck?

What are you trying to do/look for?

From my experience…

104 will cast the widest net but also more expensive.

I’ve found 1111 pretty useless and low response rate. Plus emails everyday prompting you to reach out to irrelevant candidates who haven’t even applied.

LinkedIn will limit your audience to typically those with international experience/education, fluent in English etc.

depends on the job and where you live. The bulletin boards outside government offices are still quite useful. Far moreso than many local websites IMO.

I can’t seem to find any jobs that aren’t typical chain crams/kindy in Taoyuan? Suggestions??? Moving isn’t really an option right now.

Willing to do basically any job that pays at least $60K a month

I’d be interested in finding local folks able to do various technical work online/remote. Anything from Tier-1 helpdesk to server and network maintenance/troubleshooting to misc coding (utility scripts and such).

All would need decent written English ability though. :grimacing:

Is best bet a headhunter? Or would one of the job sites be adequate?

in my experience, society has become both more entitled and lazy. So if you need something done right, efficiently and over long term: You need to literally exhaust all options because those capable.people with brains seems to be an endangered species. Rather than it being the norm, they are becoming scarce, which makes them valuable and fuels entitlement. so the snowball effect goes. It isnt easy anymore for good small businesses to startup, probably why there is so much welfare money in Taiwan now for the economy :frowning:

The robots arent coming soon enough, and the social welfare net clearly isnt even starting to prepare for when it does. better to prepare now cause it’s going to hurt for many as we transition.

I don’t know what industry you’re in, but I’ve had the exact opposite experience. Good people are getting easier to find - 150 resume’s to fill a position now vs 500 ten years ago or so, and we advertise for fewer positions now to begin with as good people seek us out.

What has changed is that people are realizing that they don’t have to stay at a shitty job and with the advent of remote work are using that option to choose! If you treat your team like human beings and realize it’s a cooperative and collaborative relationship you won’t have problems finding good people… :man_shrugging:

Very happy you have that experience. Me and virtually everyone in my field I know have had the exact opposite experience :frowning:

I treat good employees likes friends if the family, but must be doing the job.

I feel most people smart enough and diligent enough to do the work right, start their own company. I would say the majority of the people I have hired that were excellent, are their own business now. something I support and try to help. But god dman is it hard then to get a good worker long term. I often lose money training people for them to open their own company.

I feel proud but also exhausted at the same .time.

I think industries that are insanely complex and expensive, like say medicine and tech, this issue is less extreme because employees arent financially able to start their own thing. In my.industry, anyone can startup. so there is rapid turnover with the intelligent ones. But that’s a good things as well.

This is a really good point which I didn’t consider at all, Taiwan is far more entrepreneurial than many other places.

Great… now I’ve jinxed it, I’m going to have that problem with the Taiwan office now too! :sweat_smile:

xiaoji, fb groups, and open line chats

1 Like

Xiaoji is a website…?

And by “open line chats”, do you mean there are Line groups where job seekers hang out?

Sorry, could you explain? Use those venues to find lazy people? or…? :innocent:

1 Like

Sorry, friend. once pandoras box is opened, be damned! Ignorance is bliss until its not. or something.

to be clear, I am happy helping people setup their own gig. I am quite grateful for my.past experiences with people who also took me under their wing and helped me gain experience so that I can start my own gig. Taiwan is fantastic this way, despite all the typically negative stories. quite often we end up cooperating in many ways of sourcing etc anyway. It is all good. But that doesnt fix the issue of quality help that can make the company profits are still required. Probably why so many first generation bosses that start things with blood and sweat die of various body failure type diseases haha. Not easy doing it all alone for years.

I can hire people all day, everyday that will cause me net losses. but…ya :frowning:

1 Like