Best schools for "student" visa

“My friend” :wink: wants to know what the best/cheapest Chinese schools/universities are to enroll at in order to get a visa extension. Bear in mind that “my friend” :wink: does not want to attend the classes, he only wants his visa extended.

Thanks for any help.

Then “your friend” is out of luck. I would submit that it wouldn’t hurt “your friend” to attend classes, if he hopes to “get rich” by being in Taiwan.

Forumosa.com does not condone this sort of thing.

“Your friend” could always get a “job” and a “work permit.”

Well, now, Tetsuo, that assumes that “his friend” has a “university degree” and is “employable”…which may well not be the case!

Of course “his friend” could always marry a “hot chick” hoping for a “foreign passport”, assuming that “his friend” has a passport from a country someone might want to “immigrate” to. :smiley:

Why not just work at global village (it’s almost the same as doing nothing)…do the minimum hours…and whatever you wanna do on the side…if you have the BA that is…otherwise, buy and open a newspaper and call the listed language schools…or just take lots of weekend vacations when your landing visa runs out…just don’t ask for legitimacy here…obviously

or you could look-up CLI in the Taipei Times

Ok guys, I, oops, “my friend” has been legal for the past two years. He has a Honors degree and BA with an English major. All of a sudden his varsity is no longer accepted coz it’s distance education I guess.

So for those slagging “my friend”, a bit of sympathy please. At least I’m not buying my degree on a Hong Kong street corner!

Any more help will be much appreciated

[quote=“sleepoverbandit”]“My friend” :wink: wants to know what the best/cheapest Chinese schools/universities are to enroll at in order to get a visa extension. Bear in mind that “my friend” :wink: does not want to attend the classes, he only wants his visa extended.

Thanks for any help.[/quote]
The university language schools expect you to actually attend class, as does TLI. CLI is probably the best bet, but why not just attend class? Teachers usually have enough free time, and the classes at a buxiban are usually slowly paced. Studying outside of class is optional (this is less true of the university language centers.)

Will start checking it out tomorrow when everyone’s at work again. My friend will think about attending classes if they have a branch in his area.

If “your friend” is in Taoyuan, there are no language schools for visa purposes in his area.