Best Scooter for Camping Trips

Hello! I’m going to buy a scooter for camping trips (but would like it to function well for the city) and would love to get the opinions of anyone out there with some experience in the field. I need something that is relatively comfortable (leg room for a big sized foot in particular) for long distance riding and that can carry sufficient supplies up mountain roads. I’ll likely use it for city commuting as well but definitely not it’s main use. I really think I want something that can carry me and my camping supplies to anywhere on the island. Now I’ve looked at SYM’s 4MICA which suits me well but would love to hear any other options from you experts (or amateurs) out there. Please tell me your opinion on what type of scooter I should buy.

you can have a look at the Yamaha BW’S I see them up in the mountains all the time loaded up and even have the extra rack on the front.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Put a deposit on one yesterday and pick it up tomorrow.

3 Likes

That was quick, let us know how it is. Is yours standard or with all the extra storage build in and on?

I got one with the new color (Icon Blue) which came out to 91,000 but with a 5,000 rebate so 86,000 for the scooter alone. I couldn’t buy the accessories piecemeal so sprung for the entire kit (which includes all the cool storage expansions and protective elements) which was another 11,000. I also got a mobile phone holder (under 1k) and a camera system (around 6k).

Thanks again for your timely post as I had been shopping around for awhile and your reply really moved me past the fence on this one.

2 Likes

I think this is the bit that makes them stand out, hope you get of up to the mountings next weekend to enjoy it.

1 Like

go big or go home!

3 Likes

You would have had this for a few months now, any feedback?

1 Like

I would like to hear your review as well. I’ve only had BWS scooters since living here. I saw one of the new ones yesterday and the boss said I could get one if I wanted.

Okay, here’s an update as I’ve had it for a few months. Firstly, I absolutely love it and ride it almost every day. I’m happy every time I see it and feel very satisfied with how it handles. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to take it camping yet so I’ll have to come back on here once I do. The only point of potential concern for those thinking about buying one is that it sits a bit higher than other scooters and even at 177cm, I’m envious sometimes of the people balancing their smaller scooters with more ease at red lights. Not that mine is difficult but it would be easier on a shorter one. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Remember when you pack everything on to put the heavier things as low as possible :smiley:

3 Likes

That sounds like good advice, thank you!