Best steak in Hsinchu?

Where, oh where…oh tell me where…

I’m seriously looking for a good steak restaurant in Hsinchu. I’ve tried a couple of places: some cheap some expensive, some local some international: Tasty - absolute *&^%ing crap mate!! ;My Home Steak - crap! Looks like a photostat for crying out loud!; P&W - so-so…very so-so for NT$800! Not worth it; TGIF - expensive, not too crappy, but alas, at best a piece of kangaroo disguised as steak. Nothing wrong with kangaroo meat mate, don’t take me wrong…but I’m paying for *&%^ing steak for God’s sake!!

I buy steak at I My or Da Ren Fa and cook’em at home. No problem. Still … sometimes, just sometimes I’d like to go out for a steak.

I’m a meat eater! I need meat! Anyone else feels the same frustration?

Don’t, I repeat don’t, go to Wang Steak on Bei Da road. It’s owned by the same cretins who run Tasty. What you’ll get there, is not a steak, but some other mysterious cut of beef with a shitty, sweet syrup-like substance on it. Oh, and, you’ll pay through the nose for it.
My advice? See if they’re still doing steak from the special menu at 4Q2. If not, come to Taipei.

[quote=“ziggy stardust”]Don’t, I repeat don’t, go to Wang Steak on Bei Da road. It’s owned by the same cretins who run Tasty. What you’ll get there, is not a steak, but some other mysterious cut of beef with a shitty, sweet syrup-like substance on it. Oh, and, you’ll pay through the nose for it.
My advice? See if they’re still doing steak from the special menu at 4Q2. If not, come to Taipei.[/quote]

They have the special stuff at 4Q2! :astonished: Give my regards to Mr. Briss.

who’s Mr.Briss? Just talk to Nigel at 4Q2. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again; the best western food in Hsinchu can be had at 4Q2.

I’ve never had steak there, but I have to agree that Nigel’s food is pretty much the best in town, for what he’s got.

Can’t agree more!! :notworthy:

I haven’t heard of 4q2 but as I mentioned in another thread,

Happy hunting.

[quote=“kelake”]I haven’t heard of 4q2 but as I mentioned in another thread,

Happy hunting.[/quote]

Thanks Kelake!! At last a recommendation from someone worth following up. I’ll certainly give it a try. Also, I agree with Ziggy – Nigel’s food at 4Q2 is great. Unfortunately he hasn’t got steak on the menu anymore – had it on, but took it off because it wasn’t really popular. Not because it wasn’t good, but because customers in general weren’t willing to pay the meager NT300 he charged for a great *&^*ing steak – most guys would rather spend that money on beer. Why the fuck do people want everything for free? Me?.. I’ll spend NT300 on one of Nigels’s steaks any day! :slight_smile: