Best Taiwan hotel for under NT$2,000?

What are the best hotels (B&Bs etc.) in Taiwan for under NT$2,000?

The wife and I (plus our 8 month old daughter) have some time to travel this summer (about 4 weeks) and would like to explore Taiwan.

Ideally…

1. Someplace out of the city (mountains, beaches, whatever)
  2. Room to stroll around, swim in a river, etc (we might stay a week to 10 days)
  3. Safe, clean, and child friendly - we don’t want to crash anyone’s honeymoon
  4. Accessible by public transportation (short taxi ride is fine)
    ** Bonus points for Internet access.

Basically, we are trying to expose the little one to something besides our cement canyon here in Xinzhuang. Double your score if there are more birds, flora, and fauna than scooters and buses.

Links appreciated.

Thanks!

It really depends when you go. Midweek a lot of hotels drop their rates by 40-50% so many hotels fall under NT2000. But summer rates are higher especially on the weekend. Also depends how the front desk clerk likes you. I’m not being funny, but rates in Taiwan are highly variable.

The public transport thing is going to be hard especially if you want to get into the mountains. More and more rural routes are dropping.

So give us a clearer idea of where you want to go.

For a list of B&Bs around the country see:

info.taiwan.net.tw/homestay/english/index.html

But note the price is for those with a Youth Travel Pass. If you are under 30 you can get one. Otherwise go to the B&B’s webiste to see prices.

O.K. … let’s start with the Alishan area and the Penghu Islands.

**We really don’t care so much where we go, we just want to have a nice time while we are there.

The perfect place would have a “cute” restaurant and cafe/tea shops very close by or on the grounds, a river or pool to go swimming, an organic tea farm to explore, few bugs, and some shady paved trails to push the baby around on. If that rings a bell of a place in Pinglin, great. If that means going to Green Island, fine.

Work is portable and we’ve saved some money to get away, so I’m just kind of looking for a list of people’s “favorites”.

Thanks again for the B&B list. The wifey and I are both 30, so unfortunately the Travel Pass is a no-go.

Thanks again in advance.

In ChiaYi…the China Trust Hotel is pretty close to that price range.
Very nice place…just remodeled. No pool (at least I’ve never found it)…but a nice game/work-out area.
2nd floor restaurant and main/lobby floor buffet with a very good western breakfast included in the room fare.
If you find yourself staying overnight in ChiaYi its a good place.

Karl Rove’s puppet wrote: [quote]In Jiayi…the China Trust Hotel is pretty close to that price range.
Very nice place…just remodeled. No pool (at least I’ve never found it)…but a nice game/work-out area.
2nd floor restaurant and main/lobby floor buffet with a very good western breakfast included in the room fare.
If you find yourself staying overnight in Jiayi its a good place.[/quote]

And it’s within walking distance of Jiayi’s best pub, the Calgary.

:laughing:

:beer: :banana: :beer:

It most certainly is.

What about someplace warm, like Kenting … say tomorrow and Thursday nights? :smiley:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]In ChiaYi…the China Trust Hotel is pretty close to that price range.
If you find yourself staying overnight in Jiayi its a good place.[/quote]
I’m about to do a search, but, any other decent places in the vacinity of the Chiayi Christian Hospital. The wife, ankle biter and I are here for a few days to help nurse great-grandma back onto her feet and NT$4,000/night at the Nice Prince is a bit more than the taitai is willing to pay. At the food court, now, so immediate relies (and directions to the Calgary) greatly appreciated.